Solo 5 owner
Participant
Registered since

Sep 22, 2019

Connecting Solo 5 Soundbar to TCL Roku

I can’t seem to connect my Bose Solo5 to my TCL Roku TV.  The speaker option on the TV does not seem to allow you to direct it to an external speaker

2 REPLIES 2
Hector_B

Re: Connecting Solo 5 Soundbar to TCL Roku

Hi Solo 5 Owner, 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the Bose Community. I am sorry to hear that you are having issues connecting your Solo 5 to your TV and would love to assist you further. 

Can you please confirm which options the TV gives you as well as what TCL model you have? 

I look forward to hearing back from you regarding this. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B - Community Support 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Solo2021
Participant
Registered since

Jan 14, 2021

Re: Connecting Solo 5 Soundbar to TCL Roku

I see that your original question was posted quite some time back, and you probably have resolved it by now, but I now (Jan 2021) can answer this connectivity problem based on my recent experience.  I got the Bose Solo 5 remote to work properly with a Hisense/Roku TV by using the TV-brand code WITHOUT using the zero in front of the code.  By just entering the 4-digit code without the zero, everything works properly.