Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

May 11, 2020

Re: Connecting an Lifestyle AV35 to SA-2 external amplifier

Hi Keith.  Thanks for trying.  But I don't have Homewide on the setup menu...  I would send you a photo of the setup menu but at the end it goes:

DVD Setup

Add a new device

Network Setup

Update

Teach mode

Exit Unify

Any other ideas?  Thanks

Highlighted

@PatM24 Apologies, I think there may have been a slight mix up. I believe the next step would actually be to change the house code on your expansion remote to up up up up. You should be able to find this by pressing the setup button. 

Please let me know how this goes. 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

May 11, 2020

Hi Charlotte.  So I have changed the house code a number of times, oscillating between 0 and 15.  I understand the AV35 has a set house code of 15 and that cannot be changed.  Whatever the house code, it has failed to connect...

Thanks

Highlighted

@PatM24 Sorry to hear this! On the underside of your control console, would you be able to let us know the exact model? You'll either see AV35 or AV35 STCH. 

I look forward to hearing back from you.

New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

May 11, 2020

Hi Charlotte

It says AV35 Control Console - am I looking in the right place?  It does have the Soundtouch system attached.

Thanks!

Highlighted

Thanks for confirming that PatM24!

Sadly, as you do have the SoundTouch version of the system, it isn't possible to connect external devices using the BoseLink functions as that was replaced by the introduction of SoundTouch for multi-room audio.

As you have the SoundTouch addition on the system, to get audio to another amplifier, you would be best placed looking at the SA-5 as this is SoundTouch compatible, or any amplifier that you can connect a Wireless Link Adapter to. If you can find one 2nd hand, then an SA-4 would work as well, but we do no longer make these.

I'm sorry we couldn't get this working as intended but there are options to achieve what you were after! Let me know if you have any further questions.

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

May 11, 2020

Thanks Keith for the response.  I thought that would be the likely outcome.  Appreciate the teams attempts to help.  Best wishes and stay safe