Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 28, 2020

Connecting an audio streaming device to Bose AV35 Control Console

I have attached an image of the Bose AV35 Control Console to show the audio ports being circled in red.

Is it possible to connect audio streaming devices with RCA cables (Red & White Audio Cables) to the ports of Bose AV35 Control Console circled in the image, only to listen to audio without turning on the TV?

Can I connect the RCA output of an audio streaming device to the RCA ports available just above HDMI 3 input in the image? If so can I listen to music without a video signal to the HDMI 3 input while the TV is turned off?

The audio streaming device would be a Bluesound vault 2i or a Triad One streaming amplifier. Basically I want these audio streaming devices to be connected to my existing home theater and stream audio only without turning on the TV.

Appreciate a quick reply!

Thank You.

Bose AV35 Control ConsoleBose AV35 Control Console

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted

Re: Connecting an audio streaming device to Bose AV35 Control Console

Hey @Dinushan

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Community! 

Regarding your query, there should be no reason this shouldn't work for you as long as this is the only thing connected in the section. 

If you have any further questions, please let me know!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Highlighted
Advocate
Registered since

Nov 4, 2018

Re: Connecting an audio streaming device to Bose AV35 Control Console

It has to be in ports 4 or 5. I was told a while back that the RCA's found on the 3 HDMI ports are only there for multi-room audio.

If memory serves me correctly, your lifestyle has a built-in step by step visual guide that will let you know exactly where to plug it in 🙂