Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 3, 2020

Connecting lifestyle 50 to V35

Hi,

remote fell over for lifestyle 50. I bought a V35 head module and remote as I understood it would be compatible with my 50. In setting up I can get everything to work apart from audio. I’ve connected the Acoustimass bass module to the console but cannot get audio. I do get a random popping sound in the speakers. The 50 certainly works as I was listening to music before I connected the V35. 
seems a fairly simple setup but can’t understand what the issue is.

i have removed all power from both bas and head unit and left for 5 min. It no audio.

any help would be much appreciated.

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted

Re: Connecting lifestyle 50 to V35

Hey @Blietempleton, thanks for posting and welcome to the Bose Community!

To better understand your desired setup, could you confirm if these are the components that you are trying to connect:

- AV35 Control Console

- Bass Module - AM30PII

- Cube Array - Jewel speakers

- RC-X35L / RC35T-L remote 

I look forward to hearing back from you.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 3, 2020

Hi, 

Yes that is exactly the setup.

thanks.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 3, 2020

Hi again,

Just to confirm the Bass module is an Acoustimass 30 series II powered speaker system.

Highlighted

Hello, 

We are unable to recommend 'mashups' of products. The bass modules and speakers carry console-specific active equalization so sound quality can be greatly affected when you mix and match. 

As far as the LS50 and the V35 stand, the LS50 uses an fixed Male 8-pin Mini-DIN and Female Digital Coaxial RCA to Male 13-pin DIN cable, whereas the V35 uses a Male 9-pin Mini-DIN to Male 9-pin Mini-DIN cable connection. For this reason, they would not be compatible from the offset without modification. 

Thanks 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!