Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jun 3, 2019

Connecting the Lifestyle v35 to a 4k TV

I'm getting a new 4K TV. I want to see 4K content on the TV and use the Bose V35 for the sound. It was suggested to go from my Xfinity cable box to the TV with HDMI and from the TV optical out to the Optical in on the Bose V35. Will this work? I could go from opitical out on the cable box to the Bose, but I probably would not get any audio out of the V35 if using any apps on the new TV.  Also should I to go into unify before setting up the new TV  to set for optical sound? The reason I ask this, is once I go from the cable box to the TV for Video content, I will not be able to see the V35 setup menu on the TV. 

Thanks in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Connecting the Lifestyle v35 to a 4k TV

Author Accepted Answer selected by ct2211

Hi Ct2211, 

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Community! 

You are correct in all aspects of your post. 

You will have to assign optical audio for your TV. I have included the instructions below to assist:

1. On the control console, press Setup
  2. On the remote, press Down to highlight "TV setup"
  3. Press OK
  4. press Down to highlight "Add TV audio"
  5. Press OK and follow the on-screen instructions
  6. Press Exit; the system will exit to the initial setup screen

I hope this helps and if you have any further questions, do not hesitate to reach out to us again. 

Kindest, 

Jessie O - Community Support

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
Highlighted

Author Accepted Answer selected by ct2211

Hi Ct2211, 

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Community! 

You are correct in all aspects of your post. 

You will have to assign optical audio for your TV. I have included the instructions below to assist:

1. On the control console, press Setup
  2. On the remote, press Down to highlight "TV setup"
  3. Press OK
  4. press Down to highlight "Add TV audio"
  5. Press OK and follow the on-screen instructions
  6. Press Exit; the system will exit to the initial setup screen

I hope this helps and if you have any further questions, do not hesitate to reach out to us again. 

Kindest, 

Jessie O - Community Support

New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jun 3, 2019

Jessie O, Thank you for the reply. My only question is If I set up a new 4K TV and go from the cable box to the LSv35(HDMI) and out from the TV optical to The LSv35 optical (just for sound)  I will not be able see the setup menu of the V35 Console on the  new TV.  So can I do setup  prior to setting up my nwew TV with my old TV setup and follow the steps you provided (which are very helpful) and when I set up the new TV will the optical from the new TV give me sound?  Basically, I want to go cable box to TV with HDMI (for 4K picture) and Optical out from TV to LSv35 optical in for sound. Sorry, I think I confused myself here  : )

Highlighted

Hi Ct2211, 

Thank you for coming back to me. 

I apologize if I wasn't completely clear! 

I would recommend setting up your V35 on the old TV for your optical Connection. Once this is working, connecting your TV and unplugging your cable box and connecting this directly to your TV. 

This should then work for any audio you have playing on your TV. 

I hope this has helped clarify. Let us know how you get on! 

Kindest, 

Jessie O

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jun 3, 2019

Thanks again Jessie O. Update, so I followed all instructions and set up the optical connection from my old TV to The V35 console. Ran the Optical cable from  my old TV to the optical on the Bose. After setting up the optical I went from my cable box to my old TV. results, picture, but no sound.  Not sure why, I re-checked everything,  tried the steps again,  with the same result. 

Highlighted

Hi Ct2211, 

Thanks for coming back to me and updating me on your current situation.

Have you checked the sound settings on your TV? You will need to make sure the TV speakers are turned off and digital optical out is selected. 

Let me know how it goes! 

Kindest, 

Jessie O 

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jun 3, 2019

Thanks again Jessie O. I did check my old TV manual and the speaker settings for the TV. The speaker settings were off, and that is all the manual mentioned was need to use the optical out on the TV.  

From my TV manual. Send the TV’s audio to external audio equipment via the Audio Output port. If you want to enjoy digital broadcasting through 5.1-channel speakers, connect the OPTICAL DIGITAL AUDIO OUT terminal on the back of TV to a Home Theater (or amp). 

1. How to connect
1 Connect one end of the optical cable to the TV port of OPTICAL DIGITAL AUDIO OUT.
2 Connect the other end of the optical cable to the digital audio input on the audio equipment.

3 Set the “TV Speaker option - Off” in the AUDIO menu. (►p.150). See the external audio equipment instruction manual for operation.

► Do not look into the optical output port. Looking at the laser beam may damage your vision

► Audio with ACP (Audio Copy Protection) function may block digital audio output.

I rechecked everything and I could still not get sound from the TV to the Bose with the optical. Maybe it's the TV, which I'm replacing. Maybe the New TV will work with the Optical out to the V35 console. I will update when I get the new TV installed which will be on Monday. 

Thanks for all the help!

Highlighted

No Problem at all, Ct2211.

I hope it all goes well! If you need anything else please do come back to us! 

Good Luck! 

Kindest, 

Jessie O 

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jun 3, 2019

Jessie O, Thanks for all the input. The optical conection to my new TV worked with the Bose LSV35. 

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jan 3, 2020

Connecting 4k tv to Lifestyle v35 with optical cable, will you still get the maximum clear sound from the bose speaker?