Highlighted
RaglandT
Silent Starter
Registered since

Aug 20, 2019

Connection to Laptop

I just bought Companion 2 Series III speakers which I want to connect to my Lenovo ThinkPad laptop.  I seem to need a converter because the laptop requires both a plug-in with the cable provided, and a plug-in with a USB connector as well.  It won't work without both plugs.  What is the name or number of the product I need, and can you send me one? 

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Connection to Laptop

Hello RaglandT,

Thank you very much for messaging the community. I am very sorry to hear that you are having issues with setting up your Companion 2 Series III speakers to your laptop. 

Can you please confirm you have observed these set up instructions HERE and HERE.

If your computer does not have these inputs I am afraid that you will need to look into third party adaptors and connectors for your speakers which we can not provide you with any recommendations of this. I hope that the community will be able to provide you with any recommendations. 

Many thanks,

Tegan M - Community Support 

RaglandT
Silent Starter
Registered since

Aug 20, 2019

Re: Connection to Laptop

This problem was resolved in a telephone call after I posted the question.  The new speakers needed to be connected to my laptop through its auxiliary port, not its speaker port.