Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ernyw1
Participant
Registered since

Feb 16, 2021

Cox Contour Box Compatibility

Before creating a new topic, please search the Community to avoid creating duplicate threads. If you are posting about a problem, the more of the below details you can include (if applicable) the easier it will be for others to try and help. Go to https://bose.life/2K1GbJl for a helpful post on how to find relevant information, including your firmware and app version information!

Bose product name

Lifestyle V35

Country

U.S.

Firmware Version

App Version

What devices were you using that were affected and what version are they on (e.g. Samsung Galaxy S9 on Android 11, iPhone X on iOS14, etc.)

Detailed description of the issue and steps to reproduce

Upgraded to Cox Contour streaming cable TV. But lost some functionality with my Bose LSV35 surround sound system. I have to reset Contour every time I turn system off/on. 

What environment do you experience the issue in? (e.g. noisy office, quiet kitchen, etc.)

When did you start to experience the issue? Did it work correctly previously?

Yes, it worked just fine unitl I changed to Cox Contour.

Any troubleshooting steps you took

Tried to reset, which works but doesn't hold.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Charlotte_G

Re: Cox Contour Box Compatibility

Author Accepted Answer selected by ernyw1

Hey @ernyw1, welcome to the Bose Community!

Sorry that you're experiencing some issues with your Cox Contour box and your Lifestyle V35. What exactly happens and what functionality have you lost?

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Charlotte_G

Author Accepted Answer selected by ernyw1

Hey @ernyw1, welcome to the Bose Community!

Sorry that you're experiencing some issues with your Cox Contour box and your Lifestyle V35. What exactly happens and what functionality have you lost?

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.

View solution in original post

ernyw1
Participant
Registered since

Feb 16, 2021

Ever since I switched to Cox Contour I am unable to change my Cable Sound options with my Bose LSV35 Home Theater Surround Sound System. There are 4 Cable Sound options including: (1) Original, (2) Alternate, (3) Recommended, and (4) Enhanced Mono. The only way I can now switch between these Cable Sound options is if I Reset the Cox Box. Then my Cable Sound options work until I shut the system off. I have to Reset every time I turn on the system. I have tried several things including updating the Bose by downloading system updates. I have also swapped out my Contour Box for a new model that Streams my Cable. But I still have the same issue with the Bose Cable Sound options. 

Frustrating as heck...Bill

Keith_L
Community Manager

Thanks for that information ernyw1!

Are these settings on the Cox cable box that you are unable to change or settings on the Lifestyle? Also, when you do go to this settings menu, which setting is selected by default when you are unable to change the settings?

One thing that would definitely be worth doing is performing a reset of the Lifestyle control console, you can perform a reset by following these steps:

• Turn the control console off
  • On the control console, press and hold Power for five seconds. The red LED will turn off
  • Release the Power button
  • Retest the system

I look forward to hearing back from you!

Ubershark
Participant
Registered since

May 14, 2021

Hi

The Arris AX061AEI is controlled via RF (Radio Frequency) and not IR (Infra Red). You can test this by hiding the remote that comes with the AX061AEI from view of the cable box and seeing if it still works(it should even work from another room). Unless the remote that comes with the Bose LSV35 supports RF aswell as IR the 2 products are incompatible for what you are trying to do.

I suggest you see if your various devices all support the CEC and ARC standards and turn it on (Its off by default on most TV/AUDIO equipment) and you should then be able to control everything with the COX remote.