Highlighted
Enthusiast
Registered since

Aug 25, 2019

Re: Re: Dolby Atmos

I think Bose doesn't want to pay the Dolby ATMOS licensing fee, there are plenty of titles available and there are streaming titles as well, plus older titles can be remaster for Dolby ATMOS. So to say Bose is waiting is a silly excuse, as just about every other company is not waiting. Also, Bose likes to makes things simple for the customer, 5.1 even with Bose is still a lot of set up, it takes a few hours at least to get everything set up correctly and neatly.  Then you need to learnt the new technology.  Now if Bose comes out with a 5.2.1 Atmos Life Style system, we have at least 2 extra speakers, that theoretically should be on the ceiling, which means putting speakers on the ceiling and wires (even the wireless speakers have wires, and an outlet). imagine Bose telling there customers they need to have electrical outlets (2 of them) on the ceiling.  This is the problem I think Bose is running into the most for there LS systems, that and the licensing fee they dont want to pay.  Another poster mentioned a BOSE sound BAR  with Atmos which is probably the most likely out come.  If Bose wanted to they could Add atmos to the LS 650/600 and then sell people 2 extra speakers for the system.  Anything is possible, the question is, is it the most cost effective way to go, probably not, they probably will come out with a LS 700/750 with the same speakers and add 2 extra atmos speaker for a 5.2.1, and the customers who own a 600/650 can trade there console in for the new console for a fee. I would love to compare an atmos system in the same room I have with the Bose system and see if it really adds that much more entertainment value.  

Highlighted
Expert
Registered since

Oct 18, 2017

It would be easy for Bose to introduce a soundbar with upward firing speakers for Dolby Atmos.  Other manufacturers have had that for a long time.  Or, they could introduce a Lifestyle 650 type system with 2 overhead speakers.  Anyone who would be in the market for such a system would know they need to get 110v power to the ceiling speakers.  I already have 110v in the attic and would just drill holes in the ceiling to run the wires.   Maybe Bose thinks that is not what their customers want.  I'm sure they do some sort of market analysis on this to evaluate the market potential.

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Registered since

Aug 25, 2019

Right, thats a great point, am sure they do market research and a cost benefit analysis.  One of my points was, how much better or  would an Atmos Bose system sound compared to the LS 650 5.1 DOLBY TRUE HD.  

Highlighted
Expert
Registered since

Oct 18, 2017

Probably somewhat marginal.  How much better is 5.1 vs 3.1?  IDK.  But, if you are in the market for a new surround sound system, I would think 5.1.2 or 5.1.4 or 7.2.4 would be the way to go.

Highlighted
Expert
Registered since

Nov 12, 2015

@Xyz987 wrote:

Probably somewhat marginal.  How much better is 5.1 vs 3.1?  IDK.  But, if you are in the market for a new surround sound system, I would think 5.1.2 or 5.1.4 or 7.2.4 would be the way to go.

I am curious how many TV support Atmos pass thru at this point. Otherwise we will be tied to the hardware streamers for Atmos.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 27, 2020

Re: DOLBY ATMOS

If that helps, i have added 2 Yamaha is nc600 ceiling speakers to complement accoustimass 10 series 5 hooked with onkyo tx nr646, i am getting beautiful atmos effect overhead. if you set the cross over for the ceiling speakers to 100 hz it matches the bose cubes sound. You can always play with the crossover and select which suits your room or liking.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 27, 2020

Re: DOLBY ATMOS

I am using yamaha as ceiling speakers with bose accoustimass 10 series 5 i am getting awesome sound, don't let someone tell you otherwise.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 27, 2020

Hi, I have connected 2 in- ceiling Yamaha speakers hooked them up on the height channel of my onkyo AVR, rest of all my speakers are Bose accoustimass 10 series 5 connected through the module and to the receiver.

The Atmos sound i get on this 5.1.2 system is beautiful.

Adding just two speakers overhead any good brand will do wonders, having said that, you need an atmos compatible receiver to get Atmos sound and also Netflix premium plan.

Highlighted
Expert
Registered since

Oct 18, 2017

Yes, we get that.  Thanks.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Aug 27, 2020

Dolby atmos is like a love to me, i was just wondering why the system is in integration with bose since bose is the best headset that i have but until i watch a live football match last week using epic sports apk, I have realized the importance of the quality of the sound and started watch plenty of movies and listening to classical music and pop, etc.