Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Mar 18, 2020

Dialogue mode drops out on Bose Solo soundbar

I am looking for a resolution to the Dialogue Mode issue I have been having with my recent purchase of a Bose Solo soundbar system.  When we are watching Hulu, Netflix, Amazon Plus, etc - the MOMENT a commercial interrupts us on Hulu - Dialogue mode is gone.  FF or rewind?  Dialogue mode gone.  Moving from episode to episode?  Dialogue mode gone.  It makes this incredible feature nearly useless and it is obnoxious and unnecessary (and shocking, after spending money on a Bose experience) to have to keep the remote practically in hand at all times to reengage the Dialogue mode every time it shuts off.  This great feature is the main reason we purchased Bose.  My brand loyalty is high but I can’t justify keeping this system with this issue in place.  It seems we have no choice but to give up and return our purchase, if there is indeed no sense of urgency from Bose to resolve this problem.
 What is the status on this issue?

10 REPLIES 10
Highlighted

Re: Dialogue mode drops out on Bose Solo soundbar

Hello DKT, 

Many thanks for posting. 

I'm sorry to hear you are having issues with Dialog mode. I'd be happy to assist. 

When your Solo is in Dialog mode, the LED on the front of the soundbar will illuminate amber. Am I correct in understanding that this is changing back to a green LED? 

I'll look forward to your reply.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Mar 18, 2020

Jeff that's correct, it is amber but during ff, rewind, hulu commercials, pauses between episodes, just about anything kicks it off, back to green.

Highlighted

Wow, that's unusual! I've not personally heard of this issue before. 

May I suggest trying to update the firmware of the speaker to see if that fixes the problem? 

(A computer is needed to download the update.)

1. Power off and unplug your Bose system
  2. Connect an empty USB drive to your computer.
  3. Use the appropriate "DOWNLOAD NOW" button on this page to download the update file.
  4. Save or move the downloaded file to the USB drive, then remove the drive from your computer
  5. Insert the USB drive into the connector labeled "Service" on your Bose system
  6. Plug in your Bose Solo 5 TV sound system. The update will start automatically and the light will blink amber every few seconds

• The light on the system will continue to blink during the update
  • The update time varies based on the update content. Once updated, the system light turns off. At this time, remove the USB drive and resume normal operation of your system.

Please give that a try and then test the performance of  Dialog mode once again.

I'd love to hear how you get on so please feel free to jump back into the conversation after.

New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Mar 18, 2020

i have successfully updated my firmware and the issue yet persists.  I have read on this very forum that others have had this issue as well.  What was the resolution for them?  What are my next steps to resolve, or should I just plan to return the unit?

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Mar 22, 2020

Re: Sound Bar in Best Buy Evansville, IN store awaiting authorization to ship to Bose for service/re

My non-working 4-mo.old Bose 700 sound bar is in Best Buy store in Evansville, IN awaiting authorization to be shipped to Bose Factory for repair/replacement.

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Mar 18, 2020

Checking back in for further assistance - dialogue mode still keeps cutting out during Hulu commercials and between  netflix shows.  It won’t even stay sometimes between disc changes on the blue ray player.  Please advise.

Highlighted

I'm sorry to hear that the troubleshooting has been unsuccessful. 

I would recommend resetting the system. You can do this by unplugging the system for 5 minutes and then plugging it back in and re-trying. 

I look forward to hearing from you! 

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Mar 18, 2020

Found this advice on another thread (from April '19) here from another Bose soundbar owner (700)

"Hi Syxbit, 

Thanks for posting. We are sorry to hear that you are having issues with your Soundbar 700. There currently isn't a way to always enable dialog mode however I would love to pass this suggestion to our development team. If you are looking for something in the meantime you can increase the Center Channel Level and lower the bass and it will have a similar effect as dialog mode.

Kind Regards, 

Hector B - Community Support. "

- can I increase the center channel level and lower the base on my soundbar permanently (like the advice above?) so I don't have to keep messing with this pressing the dialogue button over and over and over and over and over again?  I can't believe I find myself wanting to return a Bose product.  😞

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Mar 18, 2020

Have you seen my last question?

What number can I call to speak directly to a person about this problem?