Did you mean: 
Asthased
Participant
Registered since

Mar 20, 2021

Different models Bose SoundTouch Wireless Adapter 412451-SM2, 412451, 412530

Can you explain the difference model Bose SoundTouch Wireless Adapter

- 412451-SM2

They are all the same on the outside, Can I replace them in Lifestyle or Cinemate ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Jessie_O

Re: Different models Bose SoundTouch Wireless Adapter 412451-SM2, 412451, 412530

Author Accepted Answer selected by Asthased

Thanks for coming back to us!

We do have a lot of systems that are compatible with the various types of SoundTouch Wireless Adapter. In order to be of greater help to you, is there a system in particular that you are interested in? If I knew this, I could direct you to the adapter which is compatible.

I look forward to hearing from you!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Jessie_O

Re: Different models Bose SoundTouch Wireless Adapter 412451-SM2, 412451, 412530

Thanks for reaching out to us @Asthased.

Regarding your query, the different SoundTouch Adapters have different features.

The 412451-SM2 (SoundTouch Wireless Adapter II) model has Bluetooth instead of Airplay and supports both 2.4 and 5G networks.   

The 412451 (SoundTouch Wireless Adapter) Model did not support Airplay and connected only to the SoundTouch application.

The 412530 (SoundTouch Wireless Adapter) model supported Airplay.

It would depend on what system you have to whether these would be compatible.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
Asthased
Participant
Registered since

Mar 20, 2021

So what about compatibility between these models and the Lifestyle/Cinemate models?

Example: I can't connect model 412530 with Bose Lifestyle 235 series 3.

I know model 412530 compatible with CineMate 520, 130 and 120 home theater systems

What about the model 412451-SM2, 412451 ?????

Jessie_O

Author Accepted Answer selected by Asthased

Thanks for coming back to us!

We do have a lot of systems that are compatible with the various types of SoundTouch Wireless Adapter. In order to be of greater help to you, is there a system in particular that you are interested in? If I knew this, I could direct you to the adapter which is compatible.

I look forward to hearing from you!

View solution in original post

jkarwoski
Participant
Registered since

Apr 7, 2021

I'm glad to see this tread.

Specifically, can anyone confirm the model: 412530 will work with the SA4 amp?

Thanks,

John