Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Aug 3, 2019

Does Bose Soundbar 700 support high-res audio?

I noticed many other soundbars market that they support HD audio but didn’t see it for the Bose (some review also compared it to the HT-ST5000 saying that had High Red audio while the Bose did not).

Is that correct?

thank you

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

Re: Does Bose Soundbar 700 support high-res audio?

Hi Letitbe90, 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. 

The Soundbar 700 supports both Dolby Digital and DTS audio formats. 

If you have any other questions please don't hesitate to ask the community. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B - Customer Support 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Feb 15, 2020

What a very professional way to say "that's a hard no."  This article claims Dolby Digital and DTS formats that use "lossy compression" and is what is used to play sound from a Blue Ray DVD. This is for anyone who doesn't know anything about audio and is doing research and inquiry. Bose is shady as **bleep** and just from the negative reviews about customer service, we can see a lot about a company.

Highlighted
Chuckling Champion
Registered since

Oct 18, 2017

I have a Bose Soundtouch 300 and I have never been able to find out what kind of DAC it has and what resolution it supports.  Since the Soundtouch 300 only has HDMI and optical in (digital), there is no way to send a high resolution analog signal to the Bose, so the Bose internal DAC does the digital to analog conversion.

I have a lifetime subscription to Roon and annual subscriptions to Tidal and Qobuz.  I purchased a Roon Nucleus and have an Oppo 203 that is Roon ready.  However, I don't own an amp and speakers, so the only way I can listen to high resolution music is through headphones.  Using the Oppo 203 and headphones, I can listen to anything up to 24/192.  I also have a Meridian Prime headphone amp that will do up to 24/192 as well as MQA.  The Bose will play high resolution music, and it sound pretty good, but I have no idea what resolution the Bose is down converting to.

At some point in the future, I would like to ditch the Bose for music and get an amp and speakers to feed an analog signal from the Oppo 203 and get 24/192 out of the speakers.  I'll use the Bose for Dolby Digital 5.1 TV only.