rgc
Contributor
Registered since

Jun 1, 2017

Dolby Atmos Sound Bar

Hey Bose,

When there will be a soundbar from Bose with Dolby Atmos. I am using the soundbar 700 but it will be great to have a new soundbar that supports Atmos. Please get in the game you are missing out and all the Bose lover's too. Please make this conversation heard guys. All community people comment if you are keen on having Atmos on your Bose soundbar.

5 REPLIES 5
rickatk
Expert
Registered since

Nov 12, 2015

Re: Dolby Atmos Sound Bar

@rgc wrote:

Hey Bose,

When there will be a soundbar from Bose with Dolby Atmos. I am using the soundbar 700 but it will be great to have a new soundbar that supports Atmos. Please get in the game you are missing out and all the Bose lover's too. Please make this conversation heard guys. All community people comment if you are keen on having Atmos on your Bose soundbar.

I echo these sentiments. The DD Atmos codec has been around for a while and is a available on a number streaming platforms. I am confident Bose could do a great job implementing Atmos with their experience in reflective sound production.

rgc
Contributor
Registered since

Jun 1, 2017

I don't see bose care about this and it is been long I think I will have to move on and there will be many others do the same and I believe Bose will understand the need to change with the advancing world sooner than later

Xyz987
Expert
Registered since

Oct 18, 2017

It would be impossible for Bose to give the Bose Soundbar 700 Dolby Atmos capability.  Dolby Atmos requires either upward firing speakers or overhead speakers.  The upward firing speakers are not very effective for many people due to ceiling height.  I would never buy a soundbar with upward firing speakers.

Bose may or may not be interested in playing in the Dolby Atmos market.  They could introduce a Dolby Atmos system tomorrow or never.  If I wanted Dolby Atmos, I would sell my current system and go buy a REAL Dolby Atmos system with overhead speakers.  I'm not sure how popular Dolby Atmos actually is, quite frankly.

Azagoth
Participant
Registered since

Jan 2, 2021

You know I have been a huge Bose fan for years. I bought the soundbar 700 with two subs and the rear 700 speakers and have been absolutely blown away at how immersive this system is. I demoed the Sonos Arc and the Bose blew it away as far as clarity. I would rather have a crystal clear experience than an Atmos system with less immersive audio. I can hear every detail woth the Bose and the 700 rear speakers bounce sound around the room so well I don't miss my old atmos setup at all. The bass shakes the walls but never distorts the rest of the audio. It's just been amazing. Woth that said I am posting also in hopes Bose will upgrade to an Atmos soundbar or allow up firing speakers to be attached however I am more than happy with what I have and have no regrets with the 700. Amazing system Bose.

rickatk
Expert
Registered since

Nov 12, 2015

@Azagoth  Great review. If I could give you more thumbs up I would. 👍👍👍

Your system is pretty deluxe!

I especially like the two subs idea👍

When replying to a topic, make sure your reply is relevant and keeps the conversation productive. Please be respectful of other community member's opinions. If you are experiencing the issue reported in a thread, the more details you can include the easier it will be for others to try and help.