Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

May 21, 2020

Dolby Atmos and the LS650

Anyone Know if Bose will, at some point, update software/firmware to decode Dolby Atmos.  I am going to hold pulling the trigger on the LS650 until I can get some indication of how Bose will,  and when they, will address Dolby Atmos.  Its not if, only when.  They I need to find a home for my V25 system.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Chuckling Champion
Registered since

Oct 18, 2017

Re: Dolby Atmos and the LS650

Author Accepted Answer selected by bobfordenise

Nobody here knows if or when Bose will introduce a Dolby Atmos system.  And if they did, they would be Bose employees who could not talk about it.  We'll find out about it when Bose announces a new system or some sort of "add-on" system to an existing Bose product.  Of course, it would be much more than a software update.  Dolby Atoms requires 2, 4, or 6 overhead speakers or, as some others have marginally done it, a couple of upward firing speakers.

If I was hot to get Dolby Atmos, I would buy a Dolby Atmos system.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Chuckling Champion
Registered since

Oct 18, 2017

Author Accepted Answer selected by bobfordenise

Nobody here knows if or when Bose will introduce a Dolby Atmos system.  And if they did, they would be Bose employees who could not talk about it.  We'll find out about it when Bose announces a new system or some sort of "add-on" system to an existing Bose product.  Of course, it would be much more than a software update.  Dolby Atoms requires 2, 4, or 6 overhead speakers or, as some others have marginally done it, a couple of upward firing speakers.

If I was hot to get Dolby Atmos, I would buy a Dolby Atmos system.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

May 21, 2020

Thanks for the information, appreciate the timeliness of your response