Dolby Vision support on LS600?

Highlighted
Silent Starter

Dolby Vision support on LS600?

Hey guys!

was wondering if Bose pushed an update to support Dolby Vision on the LS600, just got mine and would be devastated if it’s already outdated Smiley Sad

(Both my TV & Apple TV support Dolby Vision with a ton of Dolby Vision content out there)

4 REPLIES 4
Noisy Narrator

Re: Dolby Vision support on LS600?

@Nars wrote:

Hey guys!

was wondering if Bose pushed an update to support Dolby Vision on the LS600, just got mine and would be devastated if it’s already outdated Smiley Sad

(Both my TV & Apple TV support Dolby Vision with a ton of Dolby Vision content out there)

Try plugging in your Apple TV directly to your TV then a single cable out to your LS 600 (TV port) via ARC. That is is what I did to get around 4K HDCP 2.2 etc. Now my TV handles the HDR and passes the Dolby Digital 5.1 to my Cinemate 130. Works very well.

Noisy Narrator

@rickatk wrote:

@Nars wrote:

Hey guys!

Try plugging in your Apple TV directly to your TV then a single cable out to your LS 600 (TV port) via ARC. That is is what I did to get around 4K HDCP 2.2 etc. Now my TV handles the HDR and passes the Dolby Digital 5.1 to my Cinemate 130. Works very well.

Yes, do this.  It seems lots of people have problems with trying to pass video signals through the Bose Lifestyle 600/650.  As Rick said, you can avoid this problem by just sending audio to your Bose via HDMI ARC (preferred) or optical.

Noisy Narrator

@jimgfitz wrote:

@rickatk wrote:

@Nars wrote:

Hey guys!

Yes, do this.  It seems lots of people have problems with trying to pass video signals through the Bose Lifestyle 600/650.  As Rick said, you can avoid this problem by just sending audio to your Bose via HDMI ARC (preferred) or optical.

@jimgfitz  Sums it up very well. In fact I predict we won’t see consoles in any of the Bose lines in the future. Bose will rely on TV manufactures and standards like ARC, eARC and CEC to do all the audio heavy lifting and not worry about video pass through at all. 

I am eating my own words now. I used to like the consoles and expressed consternation about relying on the TV manufactures managing the audio signals. That’s progress!

Noisy Narrator

And, it seems like most new TV's have plenty of HDMI inputs, so I don't see any reason to pass video through a Bose console.