timperkins
Participant
Registered since

May 9, 2021

Echo and Lifestyle 48 DVD

We've inherited a Bose Lifestyle 45 system with Media Center in a home we purchased.  This is the system with a very large Accoustimass module, cube speaker arrays and Media Center.  It's a nice setup, even though it's a little old.  I've tested it by playing CD's and it works and sound great.

We want to connect this to an Amazon Echo so we can play Amazon Music through the Bose system.  I purchased an audio cable with analog RCA outputs, connected to to the audio out on the Echo and to the Aux audio in on the Media center (right and left), but it's not playing any sound through the Bose system.

How do I make this work?  Thanks!!

Bose product name:  Lifestyle 48

Firmware Version:  N/A

App Version: N/A

What devices were you using that were affected and what version are they on (e.g. Samsung Galaxy S9 on Android 11, iPhone X on iOS14, etc.):  Echo Dot Gen 3

Detailed description of the issue and steps to reproduce:  See narrative above

What environment do you experience the issue in? (e.g. noisy office, quiet kitchen, etc.):  N/A

When did you start to experience the issue? Did it work correctly previously?:  Has not worked previously

Any troubleshooting steps you took:  Unplugged cable, etc.  Works on the Dot without the cable, doesn't work through teh Bose system.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
timperkins
Participant
Registered since

May 9, 2021

Re: Echo and Lifestyle 48 DVD

Author Accepted Answer selected by timperkins

Wanted to close this thread up by reporting that I bought a Echo Link device and have connected it ot the AV38 using a coaxial connection.  The echo link works great and we can now play music through the system using Alexa.  Thanks!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
timperkins
Participant
Registered since

May 9, 2021

Chapter 2:  I swapped out the new RCA cable which had left and right (red and white) inputs with an older red, white & yellow cable and now it works.  The volume isn't loud enough - I have to turn the volume up all the way on the echo dot and up to 30 of 45 on the Bose to get any audible sound.

What would require the video (yellow) input to be plugged in for this all to work? 

How can I make this work better?

Jessie_O

Hey Timperkins, 

Thank you for reaching out to us and welcome to the Community! 

In order to assist you further, we will need to know which version of the LifeStyle 48 you have. I have included the LINK HERE to a product identifier to help you.

I look forward to hearing from you! 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
timperkins
Participant
Registered since

May 9, 2021

Author Accepted Answer selected by timperkins

Wanted to close this thread up by reporting that I bought a Echo Link device and have connected it ot the AV38 using a coaxial connection.  The echo link works great and we can now play music through the system using Alexa.  Thanks!

View solution in original post