Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 22, 2019

Error Message C7 - SC1300

I got a soundbar 700 and has been working great with an apple tv and vizio screen I have...until today that it starting disconnecting flashed the red light 3 times and in looking at the app in my phone I got a red background notification:

“We can’t connect to that music service right now please try again later. [C7 - SC1300]”

Tried going back to audio settings in apple tv but after 5-10min it would drop again, flash red light and give me same error message thru app”

Please help...

9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted

Re: Error Message C7 - SC1300

Hi Jcheko13, 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. I am very sorry to hear that you are having these issues and would love to assist further. 

Firstly, I would recommend that you ensure that your Soundbar is running the latest software version which is V4.1.1. I would also recommend that you perform a product reset on both your system and your internet router, this can be done via:

• Turn the soundbar off
  • Unplug the soundbar power cord from the power outlet
  • Wait 30 seconds
  • Reconnect the power cord
  • Wait 30 seconds for the system to reboot

Please update me on the result of this. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B - Community Support 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Dec 26, 2019

I’ve been having this same issue with my Portable Home Speaker. Tried the above. Did not work. 

details:

initiated product on separate WiFi. Where I turned of sharing. Now I can’t connect it to my WiFi at home. Spotify will not activate via Bluetooth or WiFi. 

Highlighted

Hi Knightimes, 

Thank you for coming back to us! 

I'm sorry to hear the troubleshooting has not resolved your issue. 

I would recommend factory resetting your system and removing it from the application before setting the system back up again. 

To factory reset, I have included the LINK HERE to assist you. 

To remove from the app, click the icon on the top right on the 'My Bose' screen and click on manage devices > edit > delete. 

Let me know how you get on! 

Kindest, 

Jessie O 

Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

May 11, 2020

I just noticed this topic. I too often get the same c7 -1300 error. On three separate systems:  home speakers 300 and 500 plus portable home. On different networks too. Spotify only. Never a problem with Amazon Music, Pandora or Tunein. 

Factory reset solves problem temporarily but it comes back in a day or two. Also, interestingly, not a problem playing Spotify using AirPlay. Only a problem when trying to play through the Bose Music app or through voice assistance (Alexa or Google). 

Highlighted
Community Manager

Hey JEH1954, thanks for your message. I note you also posted in a separate thread with these issues. Did you attempt the troubleshooting outlined there?

C7 - SC1300 refers to the inability to connect to a certain music service - in your instance, it sounds like Spotify. Have you removed the Spotify account from the Bose Music app? We have some additional general steps available from our support site HERE. Can you tell us a little more about your Spotify account - is this a premium account? Does anyone else have access to the same account?

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

May 11, 2020

Thanks, Andy_B for replying.  It is a Spotify Premium account.  No one else has access.  Thank you for the link to the tip sheet.  I’ve done all those things and much more, including unlinking Spotify and all my other music services which unlike Spotify work fine)from the Bose app, then logging  out of the Bose app, deleting the Bose app, reinstalling the Bose app, creating a new Bose Music app account using a different email address (just to rule out possible  email account corruption), then re-linking my Spotify Premium account (and the other aforementioned services) to my Bose Music app.

I’ve also factory reset my speakers. And tried them on different networks (my network in MD and my girlfriend’s network in VA....

Sounds like testing overkill but I like to be thorough when I troubleshoot stuff.

Highlighted

Thanks for updating us on this JEH1954. 

To keep your issues together we have replied on the other thread you have posted in here and will continue to assist via that thread. 

Thanks 😊

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 2, 2017

Works! Fixed the problem,  thank you!

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 30, 2020

This is a disgrace!. A year on and people are still reporting this C7-SC1300 error.. I can’t get any of my 3 devices to play anything. Just telling people factory reset them every time is the IT Crowd equivalent of “turn if off and on again”!

Between that and the lack of Apple Muisc, i wish I’d never spent all this money on these devices!

SORT IT OUT!!