Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Nov 24, 2019

Extremely poor quality of Bose products!

To: Dr Bose, Founder 

I am writing to express my extreme dissatisfaction with the quality of your recent products.

I have been buying Bose products for over 25 years due to their superior quality, workmanship, and longevity.  I am rarely this loyal to any other tech products.

Some time back I bought the Cinemate SR1 sound bar system, and the QC20i noise cancelling headphones.

Both products have completely stopped working!

The sound bar does not always turn on.  If it does, there is no sound.  If there is sound, the volume can't be controlled - and after a few minutes it goes silent!

The wiring on the headphones have frayed to the point where they are now severed!

I went to the Bose store in my area, and called Support for assistance.  Neither were of useful help - their brilliant suggestion was to get rid of both products and buy new ones - admitting that there were quality problems with the products I own!!

This is to let you know I have no intention of buying the same products again - or for that matter, any Bose products in the future.  I plan to publicize my experience on social media so other loyal customers are not duped!

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Advocate
Registered since

Jul 17, 2019

Re: Extremely poor quality of Bose products!

This is the same with the smart speakers (soundbar 500/700), accumulating new issues at each new firmware update, with no solution / acknowledgment from Bose.

The software and quality is really a joke. No testing, no follow-up on issues, and Bose is basically ignoring us customers who spent a lot of money on their broken products.

Read the "Soundtouch" and "Smart Speaker" forum and you will see people complaining there as well about issues, broken firmware, no compatibility with new OS release etc etc...

I had a very high perception of the Bose brand... that was until I started to own a soundbar 700 4 months ago.

This is the worst product I ever bought

The worst support I have experienced

Most frustrating experience you can have...

Never again... 

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Oct 23, 2019

Re: Extremely poor quality of Bose products!

I own Bose 700 SB with dual subs & those expensive 360degree surround speakers, I have had zero issues at all.  The Music app is not the best quality but it works, so far all hardware is flawless -  have a bose tech come out and take a look and see if they can troubleshoot with you OR fix the products onsite.  It could be faulty wiring