Fire TV stick sound connction?

Highlighted
Silent Starter

Fire TV stick sound connction?

I have a FireTV Stick connected to Pioneer Plasma Elite TV. Has perfect picture but Bose Lifestyle 48 does not have sound. What and where do I connect to be able to get Bose system to work?

5 REPLIES

Re: Fire TV stick sound connction?

Hello 1BOSELIFESTYLE! Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community.

I'd be happy to help! How are you currently connecting your TV with your Lifestyle 48? We typically recommend using the optical input when possible. Assuming that your FireTV Stick is connected via HDMI to your TV, you may need to adjust some audio settings to get the signal out to the Lifestyle.

Best Regards,

Greg - Community Support

Quiet Contributor

Hi Greg!  Can you clarify this for me as I am having same issue - adding Firestick to  Pioneer plazma TV.  I did look at the back of my Bose AV-48 Lifestyle and it is not hooked to the TV using optical cable. Further, would I insert optical cable to the 'optical in' or 'optical out' jack? Assume it is the 'optical in' but wanted to be sure.  If I did do that would I then remove the cables that are in the TV jacks?  Also, you mentioned changing audio settings.  How so?

Friendly Fanatic

Connect from Optical out on the TV back to an Optical in on the Bose console.  This enables the Firestick audio received by the TV via HDMI to be sent back to the Bose via optical.  Alternatively just connect the Firestick directly to one of the HDMI inputs on the console - thats how I have mine

Hi JB1970,

Thanks for the great tip! It's sure to help a lot of users with the same problem.

Please come back and post anytime!

Regards,

Tony G - Community Support

Quiet Contributor

Bose Lifestyle does not have HMDI port so that is not an option. I have optical cable connected into TV and Lifestyle console but still no surround sound. Perhaps its a system setting but I'm lost as to what settings should be changed and on which device - Lifestyle console, TV and/or Firestick. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks