Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Jul 6, 2020

Firmware update for soundbar 700

Hi All,

my current soundbar 700 firmware is ( 8.0.13-8133+552c64a ). is it the latest firmware ..

also is there a method to upgrade the firmware through the phone app, as i couldn't find an option for the upgrade.

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

Re: Firmware update for soundbar 700

Hey Ahmed,

The latest Soundbar 700 firmware is v8.0.14, which means you're all up to date! Any future updates will happen automatically when you open the Bose Music app, without you needing to manually start. However, in order for this to go ahead, you'll need to keep your system connected to the WiFi at all times. Do you have any other questions regarding this?

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Jul 6, 2020

my current version is 8.0.13, and you mentioned that last firmware is 8.0.14 which means i am missing an update , is it right ?

did you mean to let the system powered up and connected to WIFI to automatically search and install firmware ?

Highlighted

Hi Ahmed,

I do apologize - that was a typo on my behalf. The latest firmware for the Soundbar 700 is v8.0.13, so you're all up to date. In regards to the system receiving this update, yes - when the system powers up and connects to WiFi, any updates that are new will be pushed to the system. You'll see this from within the Bose Music app and also the scrolling white light on the front of the soundbar.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!