Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jul 20, 2019

Flashing white light Bose 500 sound bar

Soundbar and sub are all working correctly but a white light is flashing on the sound bar. The only thing I can find is that it is “connecting to internet” and that it’s kot connected. But it is. What else could this be?

20 REPLIES 20
Highlighted

Re: Flashing white light Bose 500 sound bar

Hello,

Thanks for reaching out, welcome to the community.

We would love to get this resolved for you. Does this white LED appear to be pulsing in the middle or sliding to the left or right?

Do you have a voice assistant activated on your speaker? Could your speaker be receiving a command?

We look forward to hearing from you. 

Tegan M - Community Support

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Oct 27, 2019

I am experiencing the exact same thing. I can stream music & Alexa is working.

The white light is continuously flashing in the middle. 
i have tried resetting my router. I have tried power cycling both the tv & soundbar & the white light continues. It’s very very distracting when trying to watch television. It’s so distracting that I’ve had to try covering the light with tape.

i wish that there was an option to turn the status indicator light off & have the ability to view the status in the app.

Highlighted

Hello primalspy, 

Thanks for getting in touch. 

I'm sorry to hear you are having issues with a flashing white light on your Soundbar 500 system. 

There are a number of different flashes that describe different things. These include: 

• White, Pulsing = System is rebooting
  • White, Pulsing fast = Connecting to a Bluetooth device or to a Wi-Fi network
  • White, Slides to the center, pulses twice = Request confirmed (for a system setting change)
  • White, Single Pulse = Request confirmed

Can you please confirm which of the above is the flashing pattern you are experiencing? 

Further to this, if you haven't already, can you try to factory reset the speaker (instructions) and set it up as new to see if the issue persists?

I'll look forward to your response. If anyone else is having similar issues, please feel free to join in the discussion!

Kind regards, 

Jeff G 

New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Oct 27, 2019

Hello Jeff, 

I am experiencing White, Pulsing = System is rebooting

It comes and goes. Like right now, it's fine. The light stopped flashing. I guess that I just don't know what my system is doing. Is it trying to reconnect to the internet? 

Another problem that I have experienced is the sound delay at startup. I have a Samsung smart tv. When turning the tv on, the sound will first go through the tv speakers. It sometimes takes about 20 seconds before it finally connects to the soundbar. Sometimes, it doesn't connect at all and I have to press the tv icon on the Bose remote. 

Another problem I have is that when streaming music through my soundbar and then I want to switch back to the television audio, I have to press the TV icon on the Bose remote. I wish I could switch from streaming music to listen to the tv broadcast using Alexa. Any other way to do this? I'm curious about what I would need to do to switch back if the remote were to break or the batteries were to die. 

Another thing I would like to know if the best audio setting on my television. I have it on PCM and something else that I forget. I also have my CEC to the default "ON" setting. 

Thank you. 

Highlighted

Hello primalspy, 

Thanks for getting back in touch. 

Are you unplugging the system from power after use? If so, this could explain why the system is attempting to re-connect to the WiFi network. This can take a few minutes to complete, so we recommend keeping the system on Standby if you use it regularly. 

With regard to the delay at startup, I would recommend checking to ensure your TV is set to output via the ARC connection by default. I would check your TV's user guide to ensure it doesn't have an 'auto-detect' setting enabled for audio output. 

Further to this, you can adjust the CEC setting on your Bose Music app to Alternate as this may help with any inconsistencies. 

I hope this helps. 

Kind regards,

Jeff G

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Nov 30, 2019

I have the same issue. Ever reset the system to factory settings and white light started flashing again.

can this be resolved? 
I called the customer care and I was told this might be system software issues and I would need to send sound bar for repair? 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 5, 2020

Re: Flashing yellow light Bose 500 sound bar

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 28, 2020

Bose home speaker 500 white light bar flashes constantly

Australia

Bose Home Speaker 500

The white light bar above the display screen flashes constantly.   The device works and plays music via wifi, but still the light flashes.

Any ideas why and how to fix/stop it?

Thanks

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Mar 31, 2019

Which one is this (see video)?

https://photos.app.goo.gl/2W4745Btsn5sEvGa8