Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Dec 25, 2019

bose 500 speaker stuck

My bose 500 spaker is stuck since yesterday, showing only a white bar running from left to right. I have tried everything said in other posts: Unplugging it for 30 or more seconds (I have ven tried for hours), restarting the router and modem, and resetting the device, but excepting the mute, no button is functional at all, thus I can't either do the manual update. I'm really frustrated here, this is a five-month old Bose speaker and it is supposed to be of excelente quality (I paid the extra money investing in Bose products for getting highly reliable gear, we all have). Can please some one tell me what to do? I don't live in the US, and I am not very sure how the guarantee or return policy will work here (in Guatemala), but must be somehow fixed. 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Dec 23, 2019

Re: Flashing white light Bose 500 sound bar

Did you find a fix? I have the exact issue

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 4, 2020

Re: bose 500 speaker stuck

Try chatting with Bose support on SMS. I did and they ultimately said it's a firmware issue and sent a UPS label to mail the soundbar in so they can fix it. No charge.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 22, 2020

I had the same problem and removed Alexa pairing from the app and the white light stopped flashing. It seems I hadn’t completely paired Alexa so just removed it. 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 27, 2020

I have this exact issue now. 

White light flashes constantly. Although the speaker appears to work just fine.

It only started when I added amazon alexa echo dot to my set up. If I delete the alexa then the light stays out. Add alexa and it returns. Its really distracting to see the flashing while watching Tv!

What am I doing wrong? Any help will be  very gratefully received.... 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 28, 2020

I have the same issue on my 700. Deleted alexa and it fixed it. Its obviously a problem with voice assistant. 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jul 28, 2020

Sound at 500, same issue.I also have a white light flashing on the left side, next to the red light, which is on ( mic off).

if I remove the power cord and wait, then reconnect white light stays off for hours or days. Then, in the middle of a tv program, it comes back flashing. Rinse and repeat, many times. factory reset,and still the same issue comes back.

followed the advice here and removed Alexa.

is there a fix that works when Alexa is added back on?

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jul 30, 2020

Just had this.turn both the google and alexa voice assistants off and it stops

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jul 31, 2020

Hello there 

My Bose 500 speaker’s led light keeps flashing in a straight line going right and it does nothing else. It has only been used once and the second time it was used this happened. Even the buttons are not responding. 
please help! 

Highlighted

@Nancynehme, I am sorry that you are facing issues with your Soundbar 500. A reset can be a great step to try if you are unable to use the remote with your system, all you need to do is unplug it for five minutes and plug it back in! If you are unable to complete troubleshooting aside from this, I would recommend reaching out to your local support team. They will be able to advise on what to do next!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!