Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Mar 26, 2020

Fuse blowing in Bose solo 15

Hi I’ve got a reasonably old bose solo 15 tv sound system which is most certainly out of warranty. It still works great but every few weeks the fuse on the plug blows, does this mean it’s on its way out or is there a simple fix? It’s definitely got a 5A fuse in as stated on the plug and only changed a week ago and it’s blown again. Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Gabby Guru
Registered since

Nov 12, 2015

Re: Fuse blowing in Bose solo 15

@Chapph wrote:

Hi I’ve got a reasonably old bose solo 15 tv sound system which is most certainly out of warranty. It still works great but every few weeks the fuse on the plug blows, does this mean it’s on its way out or is there a simple fix? It’s definitely got a 5A fuse in as stated on the plug and only changed a week ago and it’s blown again. Thanks.

Contact Bose directly. They can be very helpful. Just because the Solo 15 is out of warranty there may be something they can do. I find Bose really stands behind their products.

Highlighted
Chuckling Champion
Registered since

Oct 18, 2017

Also, do not try using a higher rated fuse or you might have a fire.

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Mar 26, 2020

Thank you for your reply I have contacted Bose and waiting for a reply, I got a message from them yesterday to post the question here. I’ve checked the plug and it’s the original sealed plug with the correct 5A fuse which I keep replacing. 

Highlighted
Chuckling Champion
Registered since

Oct 18, 2017

There is obviously something wrong.  I would stop using your Bose and unplug it.  Constantly replacing a blown fuse is not a good idea.