(Not sure)

App Version

(NA)

What devices were you using that were affected and what version are they on

(HDMI 1 - Satellite

HDMI2 - Cable

HDMI3 - Blu Ray DVD)

Detailed description of the issue and steps to reproduce

Suddenly I lost signal of the satellite plugged into the HDMI 1 port on the BOSE. The rest are working fine.

Where do you run into the issue?

Living room - TV unit.

When did you start to experience the issue? Did it work correctly previously?

Everything was working fine until a few days ago, when the issue appeared.

Any troubleshooting steps you took

I removed the satellite plugged it in the HDMI 2 and 3 ports and I got nothing (black screen with message displaying that the device might be turned off, although it was on.

I removed both devices on the HDMI 2 and 3 ports and plugged it in the HDMI 1 port, they both worked (hence there is no problem with the HDMI 1 port on the BOSE)

I removed the satellite which was on BOSE HDMI port 1 and plugged it directly in the TV HDMI port and it worked.

I tried resetting the BOSE and configuring it again from scratch. Same result.

Any help is appreciated.

Regards,

3 REPLIES 3
Charlotte_G

Re: HDMI issue with Bose Lifestyle 535

Hey @SamerH, thanks for posting in the Bose Community! I'd be happy to help. 

I'm sorry to hear that you're currently presented with an issue somewhere between your Lifestyle 535 and your satellite source. It's really great that you've already tested these different scenarios and eliminated some of the potential causes. 

Could you please also reset the source by removing power for 30 seconds. Additionally, could you please test an alternative HDMI cable. I understand that it works when connected to your TV, but I just want to run through absolutely everything to get to the bottom of this.

Let me know if this changes anything.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
SamerH
Participant
Registered since

Feb 3, 2019

Hi Charlotte,

Unfortunately your suggestion did not work.

I tried another HDMI cable and still no use.

I plugged in another device and it worked.

The receiver that was initially plugged in had been working for 4 years in perfect condition on the Bose system. I dont know what happened suddenly. This particular device (receiver) and Bose are not working. 

Is there any specific customization or settings i can perform on the Bose?

Thank you.

Keith_L

Thanks for the update SamerH!

As it's just the satellite box that is not working with the Lifestyle, it's possible it is trying to use an unsupported video resolution. The Lifestyle supports video over HDMI in 480p, 720p, 1080i, 1080p, if your satellite box is trying to send 4k video through the Lifestyle then this would not work. As your satellite box does work when connected directly to the TV, you can likely access the settings of the satellite box by connecting it to the TV directly, then access the settings and check what resolution it is using.

If you are using an unsupported resolution, you will want to change this setting before reconnecting to the Lifestyle, or you can leave the satellite box connected to the TV itself, and pass the audio from the TV through to the Lifestyle if you would prefer.

Let me know how you get on with this!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!