Highlighted
Jdbiii
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Aug 14, 2017

Hard wire 2 bass modules on Lifestyle 650

Hi there! 

As I continue to have the popping bass (in and out) and cannot move my router and have the latest software is there a way to hard wire 2 bass modules? I tried splitting the line but the 2nd module just became staticky. 

Any suggestions ? 

7 REPLIES 7
Brycepatrick
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Aug 25, 2019

Re: Hard wire 2 bass modules on Lifestyle 650

Hello and welcome to the forum.  Yes you can hardwire the subwoofer to the main consul.  1/8" to 1/8" it came with the Bose LS 650 system.  I have the same system and have the sub wireless and it works perfect.,  If you lost the wire, you can contact Bose or try Amazon, it prob only costs a few dollars. 

Let us know if that solved your issue, we are here to help.

Morlock
Wistful Whiz
Registered since

Dec 4, 2016

Just to clarify, you can hardwire one bass module, but the other would have to be linked wirelessly.

Jdbiii
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Aug 14, 2017

Thanks so much for the responses. I am definitely comfortable with the process to wire one... however, leaving the other 'wireless' likely wont stop the interference/popping. Was hoping there was a creative way to connect two, hard wired. 

Brycepatrick
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Aug 25, 2019

You could use a splitter, again you can purchase on amazon for a few dollars that will do the trick.  Doubt Bose supports that option.  

Xyz987
Gabby Guru
Registered since

Oct 18, 2017

As far as I know, wireless connections are the only way you can use two subwoofers with the Bose systems.

Brycepatrick
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Aug 25, 2019

Jim is technically correct.  Bose states if you want to hook up 2 bass modules you need to use the wireless access.  However, there is work around, where you can do 1 wireless and 1 wired.  Or 2 wired, but you need to use a splitter, as LF sound is not stereo and the bass modules are self powered, this technically should work fine (I have not tried it).  Am sure Bose support will state this will not work.  

Give it a try, you can always return the adapter.  About 4 months ago when I purchased my LS 650 I was told by a Bose sales person at a Bose store that you technically can connect 4 Bose subs to the LS 600/650 (I have not heard this from any other Bose support or tech person).  He said you would connect 2 wireless and 2 wired with a splitter.  God only knows if this will work or if he was just saying it to sell the system, or why anyone would even need 4 subwoofer (lol).  I would try to continue trouble shooting why you are having wireless trouble, it should work fine for 1 or 2 subs wireless.  

Good luck and God bless you sir.  Please let us know if you have any other questions I can help with.  

Brycepatrick
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Aug 25, 2019

HERE IS  a picture of the splitter I was referring too.  Hope this is of help to you sir.

1:8".jpg