Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Feb 26, 2020

Help needed for Lifestyle 5 music system + Acoustimass 25 series II problem

I will preface things by saying that I’m a complete noob with all things Bose, so I’ll need as much help as I can. I recently moved into a house where the previous owners left behind an AM25 series II sub and the 5 satellite speakers, but no control module. Through some unintended twist in fate, whilst selling off some of my other AV gear, I managed to trade my stereo amp for a Lifestyle 5 music system with the AM5 sub and speakers. I’ve used the Lifestyle 5 music centre to check that the AM25 is functional, and everything does appear to be in reasonable working order. I’m trying to see if I can repurpose both speaker/sub packages into some kind of a multi-room music thing, not really sure if it’s entirely possible, so I  do have several questions:

1. Am I right in saying that I can use the Lifestyle 5 music centre to control both the AM25 and the AM5 sub/speakers? Will it require me to connect the AM5 to an amp (eg SA-3 or something), and if so, how do I do that? I can’t seem to find a 5-pin to 9-pin cable/adapter for that to happen. 

2. If I would like to make the whole thing wireless, once I figure out how to connect everything together, is it just a matter of connecting something like the Bose Soundtouch Wireless link to the AUX in of the music centre?

Sorry for the long post, thanks in advance for any response..