Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Mar 19, 2020

Help setting up older LSPS

Hi guys, I just purchased a new house. It was built in 2003 and this system may or may not be original to the house when built.

i have a white LSPS bass module, 4 satellite speakers already wired into the walls and 2 outdoor Bose speakers wired into the screened porch.

my questions are:

1. What do I need to get this going, just a receiver and remote? Will any receiver work, or is the connection proprietary?

2. Is this system worth keeping? I’m sure it was very expensive when new, but should I look for a new system?

Thanks!

Sean

3 REPLIES 3
Expert
Registered since

Oct 18, 2017

Re: Help setting up older LSPS

The speaker connections to the Bose Acoustimass bass module and the connection to the Bose console are specific to the model.  Maybe you could post a picture of those so someone could help you determine which model it is.  You might be able to find a used console on eBay.

I doubt it's worth much, but if you can find a console that works, it would be worth keeping.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Mar 19, 2020

https://ibb.co/vLkk6Pw 

It makes me wonder if spending money in the equipment to get it going is worth it.

Also, I don’t even know which Bose amp I would use seeing that also have the 2 large mounted outdoor speakers to run, so 6 in total.

Highlighted
Expert
Registered since

Oct 18, 2017

Probably not.  Look around on eBay.