Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bobwiley70
Participant
Registered since

Apr 30, 2021

Home buyer only wants the Speakers

Years ago I bought the Bose Lifestyle 38 Home Theater System from Best Buy. I paid for the Geek Squad to mount all of the speakers and run the wire through the walls, and in the crawl space below the floor for a clean look. Recently, I accepted an offer on my house in which the buyer wants everything “attached” to remain, with special mention to the speakers. I asked my realtor to clarify this, and mention that the speakers are part of an integrated system, and they probably won’t work unless they are connected to the subwoofer and console. After reading several threads on the internet to confirm this, I wanted to post this question: Wouldn’t this be a huge mistake on the part of the buyer? Won’t the speakers just become wall ornaments? He insists only the speakers should remain. Also, I what do I do with the console and bass module? This is an older model, and the console does not have Bluetooth or BlueRay capabilities? I am just wondering if there is a market out there for spare parts, or if they are better served to be in the trash can without the speakers. I think this gentleman will be in for a huge surprise and wished that he had listened to me. Maybe for the new house I go with 7.1 or another updated system?

Bose product name

LIFESTYLE 38 Home Theater System

Country

USA

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
NeonsNight
Expert
Registered since

Nov 4, 2018

Re: Home buyer only wants the Speakers

Author Accepted Answer selected by bobwiley70

@bobwiley70 wrote:

Years ago I bought the Bose Lifestyle 38 Home Theater System from Best Buy. I paid for the Geek Squad to mount all of the speakers and run the wire through the walls, and in the crawl space below the floor for a clean look. Recently, I accepted an offer on my house in which the buyer wants everything “attached” to remain, with special mention to the speakers. I asked my realtor to clarify this, and mention that the speakers are part of an integrated system, and they probably won’t work unless they are connected to the subwoofer and console. After reading several threads on the internet to confirm this, I wanted to post this question: Wouldn’t this be a huge mistake on the part of the buyer? Won’t the speakers just become wall ornaments? He insists only the speakers should remain. Also, I what do I do with the console and bass module? This is an older model, and the console does not have Bluetooth or BlueRay capabilities? I am just wondering if there is a market out there for spare parts, or if they are better served to be in the trash can without the speakers. I think this gentleman will be in for a huge surprise and wished that he had listened to me. Maybe for the new house I go with 7.1 or another updated system?

Bose product name LIFESTYLE 38 Home Theater System

Country USA

I agree it would be best if you kept the speakers. But if the person wanted to purchase a Bose subwoofer and possibly a Bose receiver from eBay it is indeed possible to use the speakers if they were left behind. Someone asked a similar question a few days ago about a new home they purchased with prewired Bose speakers left on the wall. As long as they are willing to purchase at least some second-hand equipment, they do have a couple of choices open to them.

I hope that this helps answer your question 🙂

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
NeonsNight
Expert
Registered since

Nov 4, 2018

Author Accepted Answer selected by bobwiley70

@bobwiley70 wrote:

Bose product name LIFESTYLE 38 Home Theater System

Country USA

I agree it would be best if you kept the speakers. But if the person wanted to purchase a Bose subwoofer and possibly a Bose receiver from eBay it is indeed possible to use the speakers if they were left behind. Someone asked a similar question a few days ago about a new home they purchased with prewired Bose speakers left on the wall. As long as they are willing to purchase at least some second-hand equipment, they do have a couple of choices open to them.

I hope that this helps answer your question 🙂

View solution in original post

Xyz987
Guru
Registered since

Oct 18, 2017

Personally, I would just leave the complete Bose system.  He'll figure out that he needs it all and will thank you.