cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RandyP
Participant
Registered since

Jun 17, 2021

How can I tell what kind of Bose speakers I have?

I recently uncovered a box of unused Bose speakers when my sister moved and we'd like to sell them on eBay, but have no idea what model they are (or what year they were released). There is no serial number or PN on any of the speakers (4 are still factory wrapped). The speakers are 4-1/2" high and are double-stacked and swivel. There is no manual. The box is titled, Bose Lifestyle Home Entertainment System, Speakers and Cables.  Can anyone help?

Bose Lifestyle Home Entertainment System

USA

Firmware Version

App Version

What devices were you using that were affected and what version are they on (e.g. Samsung Galaxy S9 on Android 11, iPhone X on iOS14, etc.)

Detailed description of the issue and steps to reproduce

What environment do you experience the issue in? (e.g. noisy office, quiet kitchen, etc.)

When did you start to experience the issue? Did it work correctly previously?

Any troubleshooting steps you took

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
NeonsNight
Expert
Registered since

Nov 4, 2018

Re: How can I tell what kind of Bose speakers I have?

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Vicky_W

@RandyP wrote:

They have metal mesh covers. So, I can call these jewel cube speakers? It's so odd not to have a serial # on any of them.

They were never sold separately as they are parts from a larger system that are often put on display in a home. So Bose most likely wanted to make them look good at any angle, as you never know how someone would have them displayed in a home.

As stated above they cannot work without the Bose subwoofer & receiver. You said you had a Lifestyle box they were in. What was the name of the system on the box? did you google Jewel Cubes to see if that is what you have?

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Morlock
Expert
Registered since

Dec 4, 2016

They sound like either the double cube (fabric covers over the speakers) or Jewel Cube (Metal covers) speakers that could be part of maybe 10-15 different systems over 10 years.

To be honest unless you have the full system, they are likely just to be purchased as spare parts for someone that has a faulty system.  However, they are the parts less likely to be faulty so not in high demand (even if you had the full system, because of lack of HDMI and newer features they would not be in high demand either)

RandyP
Participant
Registered since

Jun 17, 2021

They have metal mesh covers. So, I can call these jewel cube speakers? It's so odd not to have a serial # on any of them.

NeonsNight
Expert
Registered since

Nov 4, 2018

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Vicky_W

@RandyP wrote:

They were never sold separately as they are parts from a larger system that are often put on display in a home. So Bose most likely wanted to make them look good at any angle, as you never know how someone would have them displayed in a home.

As stated above they cannot work without the Bose subwoofer & receiver. You said you had a Lifestyle box they were in. What was the name of the system on the box? did you google Jewel Cubes to see if that is what you have?

View solution in original post

Xyz987
Guru
Registered since

Oct 18, 2017

There are always loads of Bose double cube speakers for sale on eBay.  They can work with just about any Bose Lifestyle Acoustimass module.  Just look for some that look the same as your's to get an idea of their value.