Highlighted
willgda
Silent Starter
Registered since

Dec 3, 2019

How do I connect both the Audio and Video for my older Lifestyle 28 to my new Samsung 4k TV??

I saw an old post for just the audio, but this didn't help. It suggested to use the optical connection for the audio, however if you don't have video connected, you can't see settings to switch the connection for audio on the Bose unit. I've tried the S-Video connection with the component adapter and this didn't work. The audio RCA connection for sound isn't working either. Does this all mean my 20 year old Bose is unusable with a new 4k TV? Help please!

1 REPLY 1
Xyz987
Gabby Guru
Registered since

Oct 18, 2017

Re: How do I connect both the Audio and Video for my older Lifestyle 28 to my new Samsung 4k TV??

Composite video out is the only way to get video out from your Bose to your TV.  If you can find some sort of adapter on Amazon that will match up with an input on your TV is the only way.  If you have an older TV, you might could use it long enough to get your audio set up properly, then move to the new TV without needing video.

https://www.amazon.com/GANA-Composite-Converter-Adapter-Supporting/dp/B01L8GG6PW/ref=sr_1_3?keywords...