Notice

The Bose Community Forum was launched at a time when robust online support was not available for Bose customers. Over the past several years we have added new online service channels that provide a more interactive and complete digital experience. Additionally, we have enhanced the My Bose Account capabilities to deliver a more personalized and self-service experience. As a result, Bose has made the decision to close Community Forum for Consumer electronics products on September 30th. The Bose Pro portion of the Community will still operate as usual.

Please visit our support homepage to experience one of our many other digital service channels or simply use your Community log-in credentials to sign in to your My Bose Account to view your orders and view support options.

Thank you to all who have contributed and benefited from interacting in our Community. We look forward to continuing to serve you online.

Regards,
Bose Customer Service Team
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
min2
Participant
Registered since

May 2, 2021

How do I connect iPhone X to Bose Lifestyle V25

Before creating a new topic, please search the Community to avoid creating duplicate threads. If you are posting about a problem, the more of the below details you can include (if applicable) the easier it will be for others to try and help. Go to https://bose.life/2K1GbJl for a helpful post on how to find relevant information, including your firmware and app version information!

Bose product name

Country

Firmware Version

App Version

What devices were you using that were affected and what version are they on (e.g. Samsung Galaxy S9 on Android 11, iPhone X on iOS14, etc.)

Detailed description of the issue and steps to reproduce

What environment do you experience the issue in? (e.g. noisy office, quiet kitchen, etc.)

When did you start to experience the issue? Did it work correctly previously?

Any troubleshooting steps you took

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
NeonsNight
Expert
Registered since

Nov 4, 2018

Re: How do I connect iPhone X to Bose Lifestyle V25

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Jessie_O

@min2 wrote:

Before creating a new topic, please search the Community to avoid creating duplicate threads. If you are posting about a problem, the more of the below details you can include (if applicable) the easier it will be for others to try and help. Go to https://bose.life/2K1GbJl for a helpful post on how to find relevant information, including your firmware and app version information!

I think you missed the past where you write in your question, but the title helped me figure it out 😉

Unless you wish to use a Lightning to 3.5mm cable and then use a 3.5 to RCA cable to the Lifestyle. I'm guessing you're asking about doing this wirelessly. There are a few ways to do this. I listed some of them in this post.

Also if you wish to use your AV35 receiver with modern 4K devices, check out this guide I made.

I hope that this helps answer your question. Let us know what you end up doing 🙂

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
NeonsNight
Expert
Registered since

Nov 4, 2018

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Jessie_O

@min2 wrote:

I think you missed the past where you write in your question, but the title helped me figure it out 😉

Unless you wish to use a Lightning to 3.5mm cable and then use a 3.5 to RCA cable to the Lifestyle. I'm guessing you're asking about doing this wirelessly. There are a few ways to do this. I listed some of them in this post.

Also if you wish to use your AV35 receiver with modern 4K devices, check out this guide I made.

I hope that this helps answer your question. Let us know what you end up doing 🙂

View solution in original post

min2
Participant
Registered since

May 2, 2021

Dear NeonsLight

thank you for directing me to your previous posts. However they don’t appear to address my specific situation. I want to connect my 10 year old Bose Lifestyle V25 home theatre (5 wired speakers) to iPhone X so as to stream music. On the weekend I bought a Bose SoundTouch wireless adaptor and downloaded the SoundTouch app but failed to get the app to ‘recognise’ the V25 in order to connect to the phone through the wifi network at home. I think I am missing some steps in ‘linking’ the V25 to the SoundTouch adaptor. How do You recommend this? I used the optical cable to physically connect the two devices at the moment. But I think something else needs to be done.. Help...

NeonsNight
Expert
Registered since

Nov 4, 2018

@min2 wrote:

On the weekend I bought a Bose SoundTouch wireless adaptor and downloaded the SoundTouch app but failed to get the app to ‘recognise’ the V25 in order to connect to the phone through the wifi network at home. 

Well, that's a different question. You're asking about SoundTouch.

I believe you have the correct adaptor from what you said next, but I will put it here just encase.

In my upgrade guide I point out there are two versions of the AV35 receiver. One which will work with the SoundTouch Series II wireless adapter and another which will not but has BoseLink capabilities. If you have an AV35 20W receiver, then you have a BoseLinked system that will not work with the SoundTouch Series II wireless adapter shown below.

SoundTouch wireless adapterSoundTouch wireless adapter

There is another item called the SoundTouch Wireless Link adapter. This has a

confusingly similar name but is not designed specifically for Bose SoundTouch receivers.

SoundTouch Wireless Link adapterSoundTouch Wireless Link adapter

@min2 wrote:

I think I am missing some steps in ‘linking’ the V25 to the SoundTouch adaptor. How do You recommend this? I used the optical cable to physically connect the two devices at the moment. But I think something else needs to be done.. Help...

You mention using optical so I believe you have the correct version. This can be used with any device in the house that has RCA or Optical. You need it to the "Audio Out" connection to hear SoundTouch, Airplay 2, or Bluetooth.

So where is it connected to the V25? Where is it connected to the Link Adapter? Does the Link Adapter show up in the SoundTouch app? Can you plug the Link Adapter into another speaker to hear music?