Roverslad
Participant
Registered since

Jul 16, 2020

How do I get my solo5 remote to connect with Fibe cable box, code does not work.

I installed the Solo5 sound bar and the only thing I can get the solo remote to do is control the sound, I have to use the Bell Fibe remote for everything else, the code for bell fibe does not work and only one code ( all 6 flash after entering code ) If I want to watch soccer on the DAZN App  then I have to switch to T.V. speakers  for sound and have to control the T.V. with the samsung remote, bit of a pain having to have to use 3 remotes. any Idea's please. I would be happy if I could control the T.V. and sound with either the Bell Fibe remote or the Bose remote and put up with having to use Samsung remote for the DAZN App.

8 REPLIES 8
Keith_L
Community Manager

Re: How do I get my solo5 remote to connect with Fibe cable box, code does not work.

Hi Roverslad,

Welcome to the community, thanks for posting!

When you have been programming the remote to control your Bell Fibe system, have you been following the steps below? The code you will want to use for Bell systems will be 8078 and for your Samsung TV will be 0060.

1. Power on your source (i.e. TV or cable box)

2. Locate the code for your source’s brand in the Universal Remote Device Codes book (provided)

3. On the remote control, press and hold the appropriate source button (i.e. tv or cbl-sat) until all six source buttons glow, then release. only the appropriate source button will glow

4. On the number keypad, enter the code for your source’s brand

Note: If all six buttons blink three times, you entered an invalid code. Repeat steps 3 and 4

5. Press + on the volume button

6. Test the source for basic functions (i.e. channel up/down, menu and guide)

7. If your source responds to basic functions, press Exit to save your settings

8. If your source does not respond to basic functions, press + on the volume button to select another code and test again for basic functionality. Repeat steps 5 - 7 until you find a code that works

It's important tat you do repeat steps 5-7 if the code does not work straight away as there are a few variations of the controls under each code and pressing Vol + cycles to the next one for you to test.

It's strange that you are having to use the TV speakers for the in-built apps on the TV! If you have the Solo connected directly to your TV, it should play any audio that the TV would normally play. What connection have you used to connect the Solo to your TV?

Let me know so we can get this up and running together!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Roverslad
Participant
Registered since

Jul 16, 2020

Re: How do I get my solo5 remote to connect with Fibe cable box, code does not work.

Thank you for your reply, I had the optical cable plugged into the Bell Fibe box instead of the T.V. I have changed it to the T.V. and that has solved the Dazn sound problem. I have tried the Fibe code again over and over but no luck, when I put in 8078 and hit the + button all 6 buttons glow? I also tried the Samsung code and other codes but no luck there either.  My Fibe remote controls everything except the sound and my Bose remote controls just the sound and nothing else.

dcolem329
Participant
Registered since

Jul 21, 2020

I'm having the same issue, code 8078 does not work, when I push the + it blinks three times on the first try

Keith_L
Community Manager

Hi All,

@Roverslad, I'm glad to hear you've managed to sort out the TV sound! Next trick is to get the remote going too!

With the Solo 5, as none of these codes are being accepted, it is possible that both of your remotes need the 5 digit variant of these codes. I'll post the versions you will want to try as a list below.

• Samsung - 00060
  • Bell Fibe TV - 08078
  • Bell - 05008

As you can see, they are similar to the codes you've been trying before, but give these a go and let me know how you get on!

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
Roverslad
Participant
Registered since

Jul 16, 2020

Hi Keith, 

tried the new codes but could not get any of the bell ones to work, I am happy that I don't have to switch to T.V. speaker for DAZN so I am O.K. with that, just wish I could get either the Bell Remote or the Bose remote to control everything, bit of a nuisance having to use both, forget about the Samsung remote, it is a tiny useless numberless remote but I do have to use that for DAZN, don't know why but I do. thanks again.

Keith_L
Community Manager

Hi Roverslad,

There are a couple more codes you can try for Bell as they do have a few codes in our codebook. There's also 08093, 30216, and 08079 you can try. These aren't specifically for the Fibe TVs but are worth giving a try.

You may be able to have the Bell remote control the TV and soundbar but this would depend on whether that remote is a universal one. You would need to reach out to Bell to look into whether this would be possible.

Ads7903
Participant
Registered since

Nov 15, 2020

Anyone have success with this issue? Bell Fibe control Bose Solo 5 volume? Program or codes

amustafa
Participant
Registered since

Jan 5, 2021

Hi, I have tried all codes many different times over the last year and I can not get the Bose remote to control my Bell Fibe TV. The remote controls everything else on my TV with no issues like Netflix, Prime, etc but will not work with Bell. I’m not sure if it’s because the newer Bell Fibe boxes use Bluetooth remotes?  Also using the optical connection the Bell Fibe remote cannot control the volume of the Bose speaker. I was able to control the volume in the past on the Bell Fibe remote but only when using HDMI arc for the speaker. The issue was that the speaker would stop working every few days when connected to HDMI arc and the only way I could get it to work always was connecting it through optical.

Is there any other solutions to get the Bose remote to control Bell Fibe. Has the Bose support team or anyone had a successful attempt to get this to work?