Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Apr 21, 2019

How to add a second subwoofer to lifestyle 48

Hey guys, just need help about how to connect a second subwoofer, either a Bose subwoofer or another brand of subwoofer to my 10yr old  Lifestyle 48 home theater system.  Is this possible?  My system still works fine.  Because I tried to check the connections at the back of the receiver and I did not find any port dedicated to a subwoofer.  I just want to increase the bass sound while watching movies.  Thank you 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: How to add a second subwoofer to lifestyle 48

Author Accepted Answer selected by Liam_W

Hi Nmislang, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the community. You won't be able to add an additional subwoofer as this system doesn't support this. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B - Community Support 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted

Author Accepted Answer selected by Liam_W

Hi Nmislang, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the community. You won't be able to add an additional subwoofer as this system doesn't support this. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B - Community Support 

Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Apr 21, 2019

Ok thanks, Hector.  Have a great day.

Highlighted

Hi Nmislang, 

You are more than welcome! 

As always, if there is anything else that I can assist with please reach out again and I'd love to help. I hope you have a great day!

Kind Regards, 

Hector B 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Aug 26, 2019

You can add another "room" subwoofer via the addition of the boselink.  You'll also have to manage its volume via the extra "room" remote.  Might work out well in that you can gage base and adjust acordingly via the two remotes.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Aug 26, 2019

Naturally this "second" room subwoofer can be in the same room as the primary system.

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Registered since

Aug 25, 2019

I have had a LS48 for a long time, and NO you cant add a 2nd sub in the primary room.  To be honest, you really dont need it, but then again you can always use more bass.....   

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Aug 26, 2019

Well, I'm looking at 2 in my living room at the moment, and they're both working, so, yeah, you can, through Boselink multiroom expansion.  Like I said, only issue is you have your primary remote, and then a second remote for the additional room (in this case subwoofer).  But this sometimes adds value, in-that you can add base (a lot) via the second remote, when needed. 

As people have stated, through the primary system, they dont offer you a way, but in a creative sense through Boselink, you certainly can. 

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Registered since

Aug 25, 2019

Thats cool...   Too bad Bose doesnt make it easier for people who want to do things like this, I am one of those people, and I own a lot of Bose products too. 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Aug 26, 2019

Yeah, I agree...

But nice thing is, you can direct connect the 2 subwoofers through BoseLink, no need for even an AL8/AL1 wireless connection.  Only down part is now to run both subwoofers concurrently, you need 2 remotes (Primary remote and secondary room remote).

But the base, when needed, is freakin awesome.  Heh.

I'm moving my second subwoofer (and its remote) and additional speakers back to my home office next week (far side of house), so then the extra subwoofer/base and speakers will be wireless again and on other side of house.  I'm running this additional unit in living room (alongside my primary unit) as I await additional AL8 wireless modules for my BoseLink multiroom setups.  I've had these mutliroom BoseLink setups for a long time across multiple rooms.  You can connect up to 14 rooms/subsystems (incuding subwoofers) through BoseLink (I believe thats the correct number of additional rooms).