Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 17, 2020

How to connect Omnijewel center channel speaker to normal AVR?

I real like the Bose sound quality. I decided installing Acoustimass 10 V for my new home theatre. But currently this product is discounted in Australia.

I eventually bought a set of Omnijewel speakers but without lifestyle 650 console. I connected the front and rear speakers to my Sony AVR, but not sure how to connect the Center Channel speaker as it has 6 wires lead to R_C_L. 

Should I connect wire for “R” and “L” joint with Front Right and Left Speaker, then connect wire for “C” to AVR center, Or just simply group all 3 positive (+); 3 negative wires to AVR center output?

I really appreciate if someone can give me a advice.

Michael

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted

Re: How to connect Omnijewel center channel speaker to normal AVR?

Hi Michael_H,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community!

I wouldn't recommend using the OminJewel speakers without connecting them to a Lifestyle console personally. The output from the Lifestyle 650 is specifically tuned to get the best audio quality from those particular speakers, so if you were to connect them directly to a receiver, you won't get the advantage of this tuning and it won't sound as good.

Given the OmniJewel speakers aren't designed to be connected to a 3rd party receiver, I would not be able to say for certain which connection method you have mentioned would work best with your receiver. If anyone from the Community has tried this and can offer their input, then please do get involved and let us know how you got on!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 17, 2020

Re: How to connect Omnijewel center channel speaker to normal AVR?

Thank you for reply even don’t solve my problem.

I get your point. Because my budget is for Acoustimass 10 V, but sadly Bose Australian can’t fill my order after talked to them couple times. When I buy this brand new speakers set of 5, I do asked seller if I can use 3rd party AVR and get positive answer.