roger_chir@yahoo.com
Silent Starter
Registered since

Sep 18, 2019

How to control direct tv with Bose lifestyle 650

I can’t connect my direct tv remote(RC73) to my Bose remote lifestyle 650. I need help 

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

Re: How to control direct tv with Bose lifestyle 650

Hi Roger,

Thank you for messaging the community. I am very sorry to hear that you are experiencing difficulties with connecting your TVs remote to your Lifestyle 650. 

What I would firstly recommend that you ensure is that your universal remote control is compatible. The Lifestyle 650 remote is controlled via radio frequency, please ensure that your universal remote control is also radio frequency and not infrared. 

Do not worry if your RC73 Remote is infrared, we can happily assist you with programming your Lifestyle 650 remote to control your devices. 

Please let us know! We would love to get this resolved for you. 

Tegan M - Community Support 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Gavraki
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jan 18, 2020

Hello I just got the lifestyle 650 I cannot find brand on my direct tv remote rc73. I would like to control everything with one remote thanks 

Highlighted

Hi Gavraki,

Thank you for posting and welcome to the community. I'm sorry to hear you are having trouble with your universal remote and I would be happy to help with this.

As @Tegan_M mentioned above, the Lifestyle 650 does require an RF remote to control it. You may need to check with DirecTV as to whether your remote supports this in order to set that up.

Alternatively, the Lifestyle 650 remote is also a universal remote and can be programmed to control other devices. You can do this by opening the unify menu, by pressing setup on your remote or console, and navigating to 'TV remote setup'.

For your other devices, like a cable box or DVD/Blu-Ray player, this can be done from the 'device management' option on the console when you add them as a new device. If you have already added the devices you will have to remove and re-add them from this menu to set up the universal remote to control them.

I hope this helps. Let me know how you get on.

Kind Regards,

Keith L

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.