Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

May 22, 2020

How to convert old lifestyle v20 to new amplifiers without change of speakers

Dear Bose Community. I have 12 years old Lifestyle V20 installed in my home and working fine. I want to buy new amplifier which have wifi, USB connectivity and so on.

I dont want to replace cube speakers, concealed cabling which are working trouble free. Is there any way to upgrade old consoles and which Bose model / other brands amplifiers work with this model.

Appreciate your support at the earliest.

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Wistful Whiz
Registered since

Dec 4, 2016

Re: How to convert old lifestyle v20 to new amplifiers without change of speakers

There's not really a way to do it while keeping the same quality of sound.  Those Lifestyles ran the sound from the LS Console through the Bass unit and then to the speakers.  If I recall the only input into the Bass unit is a Bose cable.

Technically you may be able to connect a third party amp to the satellite speakers, but would need a third party bass.  This is where I said they wouldn't sound the same.  Bose design their speakers in a particular way and one advantage of that is, is that the bass sounds like its coming from all the speakers, not just the bass.  This is one example of what you would lose.

YOu could look for a 2nd hand console, just make sure you get the right one.  Last option would be to upgrade to a new LIfestyle - You could use the old wires and just replace the speakers (may just need an adaptor for the wall brackets)