Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Mar 17, 2020

How to only turn on/off Solo 5

How can I only power on/off my Solo 5?  Currently I have my remote set up so that if I press the main power button, it will turn on both the TV and the soundbar.  But sometimes the tv will stay on and the soundbar will power off.  This makes me have to turn off the TV before powering on the bar.  I'm using the universal remote that came with the soundbar.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: How to only turn on/off Solo 5

Author Accepted Answer selected by corymcdaniel

It is not possible to singularly target the soundbar if the power button is programmed to synchronize. The best solution would be to follow the steps advised in my earlier post to ensure both devices are in the same state to ensure a re-sync. 

If you regularly wish to use the soundbar without the TV switched on, I would recommend de-synchronizing the power button. The steps to de-sync are the same as syncing:

• On your remote, press and hold the CBL/SAT and TV buttons simultaneously
  • Hold the buttons for ten seconds until both buttons flash three times to confirm the change

Thanks.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

Hello Corymcdaniel! 

Thanks for posting. Welcome to the Bose Community. 

It sounds like you've synchronized the remote during setup. This is a feature that allows you to power both the TV and the Soundbar on via a single button press. If you don't wish to do this, you can un-synchronize. To do this, have a look at the instruction found here.

If you ever notice instances where one device powers on and another doesn't, it is likely the IR command was not seen by the receiver on the device. When this happens, use the Source Power button on the remote so all devices are in the same state. 

Example: You press the power button, but only the soundbar comes on. In this instance, press the TV source button, then press Source Power. The TV will come on, and bother devices are synchronized. 

Be sure to let me know how you get on!

New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Mar 17, 2020

Thanks,

This allows me to turn on my tv if the soundbar is already on, but how can I just target the soundbar as source?  If my TV is already on and the soundbar is not.

Thanks

Author Accepted Answer selected by corymcdaniel

It is not possible to singularly target the soundbar if the power button is programmed to synchronize. The best solution would be to follow the steps advised in my earlier post to ensure both devices are in the same state to ensure a re-sync. 

If you regularly wish to use the soundbar without the TV switched on, I would recommend de-synchronizing the power button. The steps to de-sync are the same as syncing:

• On your remote, press and hold the CBL/SAT and TV buttons simultaneously
  • Hold the buttons for ten seconds until both buttons flash three times to confirm the change

Thanks.

View solution in original post