Highlighted
Rome23435
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jun 14, 2019

I can not get Bose soundbar 500 bundle remote to pair with my Directv 4K genie box

I brought the soundbar 500 bundle yesterday (soundbar and subwoofer) and it comes with the soundbar 700 universal remote and I can not get it to work/pair with my Directv 4K genie box. I can not seem to find anything anywhere on how to fix this. It’s very frustrating.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: I can not get Bose soundbar 500 bundle remote to pair with my Directv 4K genie box

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Liam_W

Hello Rome23435, 

That can certainly be the case but don't worry, I am going to put a request into our production team for you to get the code added in order to allow this to work. 

The Community Admin is going to send you a Private Message to gather your personal details so we can create this ticket and you will be contacted when it has been added. 

Warm regards,

Charlotte G 

14 REPLIES 14

Re: I can not get Bose soundbar 500 bundle remote to pair with my Directv 4K genie box

Hello Rome23435,

Welcome to the Bose Community and thank you for submitting your first post. 

I'm sorry to hear that you are having problems with programming your universal remote to control your Directv 4K Genie Box. 

I understand your frustrations. Here is a guide on how to configure the remote to operate other devices: Programming the universal remote

Could you just confirm that you have followed these steps?

I look forward to hearing back from you. 

Warm regards,

Charlotte G - Community Support

Rome23435
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jun 14, 2019

Yes. I did this at least 6 different times.

Hello Rome23435,

Thank you for confirming that. 

Could you please provide the date-of-manufacturer and model number for the Directv 4k Genie Box?

Do you also know if the Directv 4k Genie Box uses a Bluetooth or Infrared remote?

We would be happy to look in to this for you once we have this information.

Warm regards,

Charlotte G 

Rome23435
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jun 14, 2019

The box does IR and RF. Manufacturer date is 1/4/16. Model # is C61K-700.

Hello Rome23435, 

Many thanks for providing that information. 

Another question I have is the position of your genie box within your setup. The signal does not come from the remote but comes from the Soundbar. I would recommend trying to place the box next to the Soundbar just to test if it can pick up the box. 

Let me know if this helps at all.

Warm regards,

Charlotte G 

Rome23435
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jun 14, 2019

The sound bar is about 6 inches in front of the cable box and about 15 inches lower.

Hello Rome23435,

Is there anything between the two devices? Such as a shelf. 

When you were setting up the remote with the box, were you able to find the device during the configuration process?

Warm regards,

Charlotte G 

Rome23435
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jun 14, 2019

No the soundbar sits on the fireplace mantel and the cable box is above it.

Hello Rome23435,

Are you able to confirm the question I asked before in regards to the configuration process?

Warm regards,

Charlotte G