CAnderson
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jul 25, 2019

Introducing a replacement for Soundbar 700

Hello,

I'm thinking of buying a Soundbar 700. But before I do so - I'd like to know if you're planning on releasing a new revision of it, or another model that will replace it during this year or so. I'm asking this since I saw that the SB 700  were introduced somewhere around Q3 last year, and we're getting closer to that time of the year. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Introducing a replacement for Soundbar 700

Author Accepted Answer selected by CAnderson

Hi All, 

Thanks for posting and showing interest in the Soundbar 700. 

We don't currently have any information on future releases and updates to the Soundbar 700. I would recommend that you sign up to our mailing list to be the first to know about upcoming releases. 

@Raiden what issues are you experiencing with your system? 

I look forward to hearing back from you. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B - Community Support 

7 REPLIES 7
Raiden
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jul 25, 2019

Hi Bose....I am in the same boat....could you answer that?

If not, do you have any firmware update to fix the set up issues associated with SB700...these fend off new bose adopters...(coming from B&W 5.1 surround system+denon amp).....

Highlighted
BrianJP
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Feb 8, 2019

@CAnderson wrote:

Hello,

I'm thinking of buying a Soundbar 700. But before I do so - I'd like to know if you're planning on releasing a new revision of it, or another model that will replace it during this year or so. I'm asking this since I saw that the SB 700  were introduced somewhere around Q3 last year, and we're getting closer to that time of the year. 

Cant see them doing that anytime soon given all the problems with the existing system . It would be like a kick in the teeth to all of us who have invested large amounts of money and patiently waited for them to fix the outstanding issues. Would be a great way of losing all lot of their customer base.

Author Accepted Answer selected by CAnderson

Hi All, 

Thanks for posting and showing interest in the Soundbar 700. 

We don't currently have any information on future releases and updates to the Soundbar 700. I would recommend that you sign up to our mailing list to be the first to know about upcoming releases. 

@Raiden what issues are you experiencing with your system? 

I look forward to hearing back from you. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B - Community Support 

CAnderson
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jul 25, 2019

True that. Well, let's hope that they stick to this one for a while then

CAnderson
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jul 25, 2019

I couldn't wait any longer, so I went and bought the soundbar mad bass module 700 last week. The setup was utterly simple to do.

After reading on Reddit or this forum, that one customer said that it looked like the bar lost connection to his wifi while updating the firmware - but it actually didn't when he looked on the amount of network traffic that passed through his wifi - I just left it there and let it do all the work while putting away all the boxes the stuff came in. When that was done, I just connected the BM to the SB following the simple instructions telling me to press like 1 or 2 buttons in the Bose app on my phone and it was all done

The remote went just as easy to config, except for some buttons that I wasn't able to get the Bose remote to handle - but it gets the work done for me atm, and I have a Sony TV from 2017.

Also I've got to say that I'm impressed by the sound that the SB and BM delivers - for it's size and solution. But I've heard equal or better from my old stereo speakers($400) for example. My old but still working Logitech z-5500 plays as loud, if not a bit louder, but not nearly as clean - just to give people some kind of reference.

Overall I'm very happy with these products. A bit expensive, but they are very clean looking - especially the white versions that I went for, just to make it blend in to the rest of my stuff in the living room.

Raiden
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jul 25, 2019

Hi I am planning to use the Bose 700 Soundbar in Bangladesh. I have heard that Google assistant/Alexa is region locked. When do you think we will be use google assistant here in Bangladesh?

Thanks,

Raiden

Hello Raiden, 

Thanks for posting on the Community. 

We have no information available currently in regards to Google Assistant support in your locale. 

I'd recommend keeping an eye on the Community for any announcements. 

Kind regards,

Jeff G