Quiet Contributor
Registered since

May 10, 2019

Issue with soundbar 300 and acoutimass wireless bass

Hello,

We have the bose soundbar 300 and the acoustimass wireless bass.  We've had these for about a year.  Everything connected just fine and worked for a year and all of a sudden they stopped working.  I can get the soundbar to connect to the tv but as soon as I touch it to try and connect the wireless bass everything goes haywire and then the soundbar won't even work.  This is extremely frustrating as these are not cheap products and we chose them over sonos due to the fact that we thought bose was a better brand.  I have researched different threads to no avail.  I am going on months with trying to solve this problem and it's driving me insane.  

Please help.

13 REPLIES 13
Highlighted
Gabby Guru
Registered since

Oct 18, 2017

Re: Issue with soundbar 300 and acoutimass wireless bass

I don't know what you have tried, but what works for me to solve almost any issue is this...unplug your power cord and HDMI cable from the back of your Bose Soundtouch 300.  Wait two or three minutes.  Plug in the HDMI cable, then plug in the power cable.  Wait while the soundbar connects to your wireless network, bass module, and rear speakers.  If it doesn't connect to your bass module and rear speakers, follow Bose instructions for connecting them.

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

May 10, 2019

Thanks! I have tried all of that. By pushing a lot of buttons I was able to get the soundbar to connect to the TV. The issue seems to happen when I try to connect the wifi. None of the setup steps I've found for reconnecting to the wifi seem to work and just make more headaches.
Highlighted
Gabby Guru
Registered since

Oct 18, 2017

Do you have a dual band router?  Try the other band.

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

May 10, 2019

I am not having luck having it pick up on anything to even set it up. I do have dial band and I also have a linksys network I could try and connect to but when I try and add the speaker using the app it cant even find it.
Highlighted
Gabby Guru
Registered since

Oct 18, 2017

I don't remember for sure, but I don't think adding a speaker (bass or rear surrounds) has anything to do with being connected to your router.

Highlighted
Gabby Guru
Registered since

Nov 12, 2015

@kmiller0404 wrote:
I am not having luck having it pick up on anything to even set it up. I do have dial band and I also have a linksys network I could try and connect to but when I try and add the speaker using the app it cant even find it.

Have you tried a physical connection (wired) to see if the module is working properly. Also try moving the bass module closer to the sound bar. Have you added other electronics to the room that might be causing interference?

I don’t believe wireless connectivity of the bass module is based on wifi protocol.

Highlighted
Gabby Guru
Registered since

Oct 18, 2017

You don't need to use the Soundtouch app to connect the bass module and the rear surrounds.  Follow the Bose instructions using the Bose remote IIRC.

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

May 10, 2019

I didn't have to when I first set up but everything stopped working randomly. I keep googling resolutions and I'm not coming up with anything.
Highlighted

Hi Kmiller0404, 

Thanks for posting in the Community. 

I'm sorry to hear you are having issues setting up your SoundTouch 300 and the Acoustimass bass module. 

As others have mentioned, you can pair the bass module without using the SoundTouch app by performing the following: 

1. Disconnect both speaker and bass module from power for around 5 minutes. 

2. Reconnect power to both units. 

3. Once the soundbar is reconnected to your network, press the power button.

4. Press the SoundTouch button, then press and hold number 7 until the soundbar 

During pairing, it is wise to move the Bass Module closer to the Soundbar to help with interference. 

Kind regards, 

Jeff G - Community support

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.