Steve C 22
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jan 1, 2018

LIfestyle 135 ARC or sound output? - using it with a pair of headphones

On a Lifestyle 135, I want to plug a pair of remote headphones into some sound output so a hard-of-hearing listener can use the headphones at their volume while I use the home theater at reasonable volumes.

I haven't found a sound output I on the backpanel, and the HDMI to the TV doesn't seem to carry the sound.

Am I missing some setting or connector?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: LIfestyle 135 ARC or sound output? - using it with a pair of headphones

Author Accepted Answer selected by Steve C 22

Hi there Steve,

Thank you for taking the time to post. You have an interesting query here, and I would be happy to advise.

The Lifestyle 135 itself does not support dual audio output to both the speakers and to an external device, but there are still ways to be able to get output to 2 devices!

The first would be if your TV supports 2 audio outputs, with 2 audio ports. If so, you could output to both the 135 and the headphones you choose to use, with your inputs connected to the TV.

Following on from the above, you would also be to use an audio splitter cable to get audio into the Lifestyle and into the headphones. The splitter type you need would depend on the type of headphones you use. This would be better if your TV can only officially support one audio output.

Please be aware that both of these methods would depend on the TV, cables and any adapters that may be being used.

The last method I would suggest would be to go into the settings of the 135 and turn the TV speakers on. Audio from the TV is not affected by plugging in headphones to the console, and you would be able to get audio from both the TV and from the headphones, however the speakers for your 135 would not play.

If any other member of the Community has any other suggestions, please chime in here!

Otherwise, please let me know if you have any questions about the above 😊.

Liam W - Community Support

2 REPLIES 2

Author Accepted Answer selected by Steve C 22

Hi there Steve,

Thank you for taking the time to post. You have an interesting query here, and I would be happy to advise.

The Lifestyle 135 itself does not support dual audio output to both the speakers and to an external device, but there are still ways to be able to get output to 2 devices!

The first would be if your TV supports 2 audio outputs, with 2 audio ports. If so, you could output to both the 135 and the headphones you choose to use, with your inputs connected to the TV.

Following on from the above, you would also be to use an audio splitter cable to get audio into the Lifestyle and into the headphones. The splitter type you need would depend on the type of headphones you use. This would be better if your TV can only officially support one audio output.

Please be aware that both of these methods would depend on the TV, cables and any adapters that may be being used.

The last method I would suggest would be to go into the settings of the 135 and turn the TV speakers on. Audio from the TV is not affected by plugging in headphones to the console, and you would be able to get audio from both the TV and from the headphones, however the speakers for your 135 would not play.

If any other member of the Community has any other suggestions, please chime in here!

Otherwise, please let me know if you have any questions about the above 😊.

Liam W - Community Support

Steve C 22
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jan 1, 2018

Thank you so much, Liam. I was able to make your first suggestion work, and that solves my problem.