Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 29, 2020

LIfestyle AV48, no video out

I have a Bose Lifestyle AV48.

Im trying to connect this to my TV. Connecting an RCA cable from the Video out port on the AV48 to the AV connection on my TV.

But when I'm trying to open the System menu on the Bose unit, its not sending any picture to the TV. I have tried two different RCA cables.

Any tips for my problem?

Thank you for all replies.

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

Re: LIfestyle AV48, no video out

Hi, there @husevaag

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Community! 

Regarding your query, an RCA cable will only give Audio. You will need an additional cable to provide this. This will be an S-Video or composite connection. If you do not have these connections, I would recommend an analogue to digital converter. 

Let me know if there is anything else we can do for you!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 29, 2020

Hi

Thanks for the reply @Jessie_O 

Sorry for my bad wording, I have of course used  composite video cables. I just tought it also could be called RCA cable...

If you dont have any other tips, I will give it another try with a brand new composite cable. 

PLease let me now if you have any other tips

Highlighted

No worries husevaag, thanks for clearing that up for us!

One thing that would definitely be worth trying is making sure the system is set to use the composite output. As there is an option to use either this or the S-Video connection you will want to make sure the correct option is chosen on the control console. You can check this using the following steps.

• Turn the Lifestyle System off.
  • Press and hold the Enter button on the media center control panel.
  • While holding the Enter button, press the Store button on the media center control panel until "Video:" appears on the display.
  • Continue to hold the Enter button and press the Volume up button until "Video: NTSC Composite + S-Video" appears on the display. When the desired choice appears, release the Enter button.

If it's already set to composite, try switching to S-Video and then back again to make sure it definitely has the correct option selected.

Let me know how this goes!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!