Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 15, 2020

LS 650 remote with Sony KD-AG8

Hi. I have Bose LS650 and TV Sony KD65-AG8, and TV doesn't respond to Bose remote. This TV exists in the list under Unify setup and I have tried automatic setup as well. Please help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: LS 650 remote with Sony KD-AG8

Author Accepted Answer selected by Timur1974

Hi Timur1974,

Thanks for posting and joining us in the Community!

The first thing I would recommend checking is that you have a direct line of sight from the Lifestyle console, to your TV. The universal remote for the Lifestyle does not control your devices directly. The remote sends the signal to the console which then controls your TV with an in-built IR blaster.

This IR blaster is located on the left-hand side of the console, so you would need a direct line of sight from there to the IR receiver on your TV.  It would be worth moving the console's location slightly to see if you can get the IR blaster and receiver to line up and then test the remote from there.

If you are unable to achieve this in your setup we can use external IR emitters, connected to the console, to allow the IR signal to reach locations it may not be able to reach directly. The Lifestyle 650 does come with these IR emitters, and you can see how to set them up HERE. The instructions at the link are for an older system, but the setup process is the same!

Let me know how you get on!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted

Author Accepted Answer selected by Timur1974

Hi Timur1974,

Thanks for posting and joining us in the Community!

The first thing I would recommend checking is that you have a direct line of sight from the Lifestyle console, to your TV. The universal remote for the Lifestyle does not control your devices directly. The remote sends the signal to the console which then controls your TV with an in-built IR blaster.

This IR blaster is located on the left-hand side of the console, so you would need a direct line of sight from there to the IR receiver on your TV.  It would be worth moving the console's location slightly to see if you can get the IR blaster and receiver to line up and then test the remote from there.

If you are unable to achieve this in your setup we can use external IR emitters, connected to the console, to allow the IR signal to reach locations it may not be able to reach directly. The Lifestyle 650 does come with these IR emitters, and you can see how to set them up HERE. The instructions at the link are for an older system, but the setup process is the same!

Let me know how you get on!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 15, 2020

Hi Keith_L