Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

May 21, 2020

LS650 Rear Speaker Placement (Wall mount)

Trying to get my questions answered before buying the LS650.  Based on the configuration of my family room, not possible to set up the rear speakers anyplace other than the two opposite walls.  The mounting brackets sold by BOSE would indicate they are flat against the wall instead of being able to point the rear speakers toward seating and the TV.  Is this flat mount for the rear speakers going to degrade the projection quality of the sound from the speakers toward the seating area?? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

May 21, 2020

Re: LS650 Rear Speaker Placement (Wall mount)

Author Accepted Answer selected by bobfordenise

Thanks. That’s exactly what I was looking for. No degradation for flat mounted speakers. Thanks

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted

Hey @bobfordenise,

That's a great question. Currently, there is a wall bracket and a ceiling bracket available for mounting your surround speakers. We do also offer a floor stand or a table stand, but I'm assuming you'd rather have the speakers mounted.

You are correct in that the wall mounts will place the speakers flat against the wall, so are not able to be adjusted to be angled up or down. In terms of sound quality, there will be no degradation at all, but the layout of your living environment will affect how the audio waves transmit in the room. In regard to the ceiling bracket, this does actually sit the speakers at a slight downward angle, but obviously will be placed much higher up.

I hope this answers your question - but please let me know if you have any other queries!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

May 21, 2020

Author Accepted Answer selected by bobfordenise

Thanks. That’s exactly what I was looking for. No degradation for flat mounted speakers. Thanks

View solution in original post