Highlighted
tetico123
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Oct 15, 2019

LS650 SETUP MODE NOT WORKING

Hi just bought a new LS650 a month ago had the Setup mode not accesible, send for replacement and got a new console, set it up last night and the same **bleep**, I havent update the firmware but this things is starting to piss me off. Contrary to what you guys said this is a COMMON PROBLEM. This got to be a firmware bug. Hope that somebody reach me ASAP before my angry continues to grow. I had Bose since 15 years ago and havent seen such a piece of junk before.

Angry and very dissapoint customer

9 REPLIES 9

Re: LS650 SETUP MODE NOT WORKING

Hi tetico123, 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the Bose Community. I am deeply sorry to hear that you have had a negative experience with your system and would love to assist you further. 

Firstly, so that I can provide you with the most accurate information can you please confirm at which part does the system fail to enter set up mode and do you see any error messages? 

I would firstly recommend that you attempt to set the system up via the alternate method listed here as well as manually updating the Lifestyle system via the steps listed here.

Please update us on how you get on with these steps as well as the answers to my questions above. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B - Community Support  

tetico123
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Oct 15, 2019

Hi,

The system does not enter to Setup Unify Menu. THIS IS A COMMON PROBLEM. When I press Setup in the Remote Control  it cycle with the white Screen with the Bose Logo, and then cycle back with black screen. In order to enter back in the setup screen i have to Turn Off the console for while and then it allows to enter into setup menu when i press setup in the remote control (Again this is a Known issue). I manage to update the firmware of the console. Not sure if the Bass Module was updated when i updated the console, the version that i have is 01.09.15, The rear Speaker version is 01.14.14. Please advise if the speaker and bass module require that the firmware should be update.

To be honest i dont think that the firmware of the speaker has anything to do with the console Not showing the Setup Menu when I press Setup in the Remote Control. I hope you guys find a solution for a common problem that it is well Documented.

Hoping to hear from you soon with a good news.

Unhappy Customer
tetico123
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Oct 15, 2019

Nobody Home? Still waiting for an answer ??

Hello tetico123, 

Thanks for getting back in touch. 

I'm sorry to hear you are still having issues. You mentioned the console was replaced. 

Have you already successfully paired the remote to the system? This link has information regarding resetting the console, and also re-pairing the remote. I'd recommend trying those steps and if the issue persists, please reach out to local support to discuss a full replacement system.

Kind regards, 

Jeff G 

tetico123
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Oct 15, 2019

Hi The console was replace but it came back with the same problem, unable to enter to setup menu after the system is on for a period of time, also showing the RED LED, that i have to disconnect the power and reconnect in order to get rid of that. I updated the firmware a week ago to the latest one. 

PLEASE COME BACK WITH SOMETHING THAT MAKE SENSE.

UNHAPPY CLIENT

Hello tetico123,

Thanks for getting back in touch. 

It is incredibly strange that you would have the same issue after the console was replaced. When the replacement was issued, did you ensure you swapped out all of the cables or are you using the ones provided with the first console? The fact it is occurring on both consoles would suggest the issue is due to an external factor. We need to ultimately establish what that factor could be. 

Finally, where is the console stored? Is it in an area where it has a decent level of ventilation, within the recommended 30ft of the remote control?

I'll look forward to your reply. 

Kind regards,

Jeff G

tetico123
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Oct 15, 2019

I'm surprise that you found this strange, since this problem is very common. I send the console and the power supply and is my understandig that the store replace it. My problem is that i don't see an answer that make sense from you guys, as the other that had the same problem. Check with your design deparment and send a new firmware since a lot of peole are complaining about this issue. Let me know when is that going to happens.

Answering your question which does not make sense to me, the console is place in nice ventilate open area and the control is operated withing 10-15 feet.

UNHAPPY CUSTOMER

Hello tetico123, 

We understand that you are frustrated but we are not aware of this being a common problem. 

I'd like to recommend attempting the manual update once more as there may have been an installation issue. The console version should be 22.0.4.

Updating your Lifestyle 650

Should this be unsuccessful in resolving the issue, there may be a hardware fault and I would have to recommend that you reach back to our customer service team via the phone to arrange service options on the console.

Contact Us

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Warm regards,

Charlotte G 

Xyz987
Noisy Narrator
Registered since

Oct 18, 2017

You might want to search "LS650."