Ayan
Participant
Registered since

Oct 31, 2017

Life Style 650 red light

Hi,

All was working fine with my new Life Style 650 but over last night, the light now turned to solid red. All functions are working fine except I cannot go to setup mode on TV, other inputs through the system are fine on TV screen though. 

In setup mode no input is seen on TV? How can I solve this? Thanks a lot, 

Cosan

25 REPLIES 25
Ayan
Participant
Registered since

Oct 31, 2017

Re: Life Style 650 red light

And now, after trying all the reset options the red light is still on and the remote has the turning circle continuously plus nothing works!!!!

any hints?

GuyinPA75
Advisor
Registered since

Oct 16, 2016

Sadly the system you have is straight up broke.  The red light means system is toast.

Call customer service and get a replacemet.  Honestly that is the only thing you can do now.

Michael_F
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Sep 25, 2014

Hi Ayan,

If the LED on the console is solid red, that would indeed indicate that there is a system error. Curiously have you tried to remove the source devices connected to the system via HDMI, and only have the power and HDMI cable going to the TV connected? If the issue remains after doing so I would recommend contacting your local support center. If you go to our global page HERE, you can select your country, then scroll down to the bottom of the page and click "Contact Us". This should provide you with the phone number, email, and chat services for your country.

Thank you,

-Michael

Ayan
Participant
Registered since

Oct 31, 2017

Hi Michael,

Thanks, I took the system to Bose Service center in Istanbul, hope it will be OK soon.  It may be due to a system issue while updating the system at night through the internet.  It is disappointing to see this happen without a recovery option at home in an easy way; afterall the 650 system costs a lot of money !!.  I thought there would be a way to restore the system and remote easily back to factory settings.  I exhausted all options and then took it to the service center, now waiting.

Regards,

Cosan

Ayan
Participant
Registered since

Oct 31, 2017

Dear Community,

I am extremely disappointed.  The Lifstyle 650 system (which is the third most expensive thing I own after house and car!) could not be fixed in Bose repair center since Nov. 2, 2017.  The repair center in Istanbul keeps on stating that "we are waiting for some parts, not sure in can be fixed, you have to wait more", and even implying that they are doing a favor for the system bought in Paris. (we had to move from Paris).

There is an international warranty and the system needs to be fixed or replaced.  At this date, parts from US can be in Istanbul in 2 days max. As a consumer, we are deeply disappointed, and asked to wait and wait and "may be it can be fixed in a few months??".  All family members are waiting for a joyful Christmas without our new system and the house is all quiet. There is not fixed date or time for it to be fixed or replaced.

With an international warranty, and a reputable company this is very very disappointing and unacceptable.  I want the system to be fixed or replaced asap, not wasting more time with "waiting on parts" or "instructions from Boston".  The Bose center here is not willing to replace the system at all??

Dr. Cosan Ayan

Ayan
Participant
Registered since

Oct 31, 2017

Following up on the issue of Bose Life Style 650 with red light:

The system was given to Bose service center Nov. 2, 2017.  Today is Jan 30, 2018 and they still can not fix it.  Simply shocking, after 3 months..a company like Bose..  Total disappointment.  If I could get this one to work, will use it...but never to by any other product from Bose.

Cosan

Joel_D
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hi Cosan,

I sincerely apologize about the experience you have been having with getting your system repaired. I am going to private message you for more details to investigate further.

Kind Regards,

Joel - Bose Support

Ayan
Participant
Registered since

Oct 31, 2017

Hi Joel,

I have given the system to Bose service center in Istanbul, Turkey. It has been 3 months since then, very frustrating.

Thanks
Cosan
Joel_D
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hi Cosan,

I completely understand and agree with the frustration. I replied back to your private message for more details.

Kind Regards,

Joel - Bose Support