Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AndrewM44
Participant
Registered since

Jun 22, 2021

LifeStyle 35 Series I AdaptIQ Software

I am looking for the setup disc 2 for the lifestyle 35 system. Does anyone know where I can obtain a copy of this?

5 REPLIES 5
NeonsNight
Expert
Registered since

Nov 4, 2018

Re: LifeStyle 35 Series I AdaptIQ Software

@AndrewM44 wrote:

I am looking for the setup disc 2 for the lifestyle 35 system. Does anyone know where I can obtain a copy of this?

There is a chance that Bose tech support has this.

If they do not, you might have to burn a copy yourself. Google "bose firmware lifestyle github", once you go to that Github page you will see that there is a page called "cd-updates" and has what you are looking for.

Just remember it won't work without the special headphones that came with the system. That you can only get from Bose directly or secondhand on eBay.

I hope that this helps solve your question. Let us know what you end up doing 🙂

AndrewM44
Participant
Registered since

Jun 22, 2021

I thought support would have it as well, but they claimed they did not, and told me to ask one of our other customers if they have one - directing me to post my question here.

cd-updates/dvd-systems/lifestyle-updates/AdaptIQ - LSI.zip - Update Failed Call BOSE

cd-updates/dvd-systems/lifestyle-updates/AdaptIQ - LSI (english only).zip - Went through Checking Software UptoDate etc, then rebooted and sat on loadinf disc with a Bose Logo on the screen - no change after 15 minutes.  Either way, that is not the Setup Disc 2 I am looking for. Are you seeing it somewhere in that location that I am not?

I do have the original mic head set, and also bought an ebay copy of AdaptIQ - the one in the blue and black box. That disc 2 is not loading - it just sits at loading disc, before and after running the above disc.

I cannot understand how Bose does not have even a digital copy of this software - it would cost them nothing. The system is basically useless without it.

NeonsNight
Expert
Registered since

Nov 4, 2018

@AndrewM44 wrote:

I thought support would have it as well, but they claimed they did not, and told me to ask one of our other customers if they have one - directing me to post my question here.

cd-updates/dvd-systems/lifestyle-updates/AdaptIQ - LSI.zip - Update Failed Call BOSE

cd-updates/dvd-systems/lifestyle-updates/AdaptIQ - LSI (english only).zip - Went through Checking Software UptoDate etc, then rebooted and sat on loadinf disc with a Bose Logo on the screen - no change after 15 minutes.  Either way, that is not the Setup Disc 2 I am looking for. Are you seeing it somewhere in that location that I am not?

What are you burning to the disk? The file itself? If so that's incorrect as ISO files should be opened by your software. This is because an ISO file is basically a special type of zip file that has the contents of a CD on it. This way it will allow your burning program to duplicate what was originally on the CD.

@AndrewM44 wrote:

I do have the original mic head set, and also bought an ebay copy of AdaptIQ - the one in the blue and black box. That disc 2 is not loading - it just sits at loading disc, before and after running the above disc.

Can you let me know what your receiver model is? Does it say AV18, AV28 or something else?

@AndrewM44 wrote:

I cannot understand how Bose does not have even a digital copy of this software - it would cost them nothing. The system is basically useless without it.

As I don't work for Bose I cannot tell you why they do this. It should be easy to download everything directly from Bose, but at least someone has them 🤷‍♂️

AndrewM44
Participant
Registered since

Jun 22, 2021

The receiver model says AV28. And yes, the ISO's were burned as images, and read the disc and start the software appropriately. They are just the wrong disc. 

Can you provide direct links to the Setup Disc 2 for that unit? The ones I have found so far appear to be software updates, and not the setup discs.

NeonsNight
Expert
Registered since

Nov 4, 2018

@AndrewM44 wrote:

The receiver model says AV28. And yes, the ISO's were burned as images, and read the disc and start the software appropriately. They are just the wrong disc. 

Can you provide direct links to the Setup Disc 2 for that unit? The ones I have found so far appear to be software updates, and not the setup discs.

I can't share what I don't have. The website says that's the AdaptIQ disc image for your receiver 🤷‍♂️ You did try the file on that website called "AdaptIQ - LSI (english only).zip" and if that didn't work "AdaptIQ - LSI.zip" correct?