LifeStyle V10 help

Highlighted
Silent Starter

LifeStyle V10 help

After many years of keeping this unopened box of Bose home theater speakers tucked away in a closet under my stairs like the famed HP. I have connected and am receiving optimal quality with picture and sound. My only inquiry is with phone connection. Is there any possible way to connect my phone or laptop using a USB to the port on the back of my tv and still use the Bose system to control/listen?
5 REPLIES

Re: LifeStyle V10 help

Hi GoonerCannon14,

Thanks for reaching out. That's a great question! The audio would have to pass into the system in order to hear it through the speakers. Depending on how to hook up the unit, you could go from the TV out to the Lifestyle. Here is a picture from your manual that might help.

Let us know if that helps!

Regards,

Tony G - Community Support

Quiet Contributor

Hi, 

In addition to the option with RCA-connections, I used a optical cord to connect the audio out (TV) to the TV-optical jack on the v10. But I don't hear any sound from the Bose system from the Smart-TV (Youtube, Netflix, Spotify,...). The v10 is connected via HDMI but that signal isn't used. I am directly playing something on the tv & need the output from the TV (or whatever device) played through the Bose V10. Is there still a setting I'm missing? According to the manual of the tv (philips 65PUS8102) it's up to the receiver to parse it through (saying it's on by default). 

If I unplug on the v10, I can see red light so I'm assuming the optical signal is ok.

Have read through the forum a few times and afaik, it should work as per setup I have. (I'm hoping for some basic setting? :-))

Hello abricoz! Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community.

I'd be happy to assist! It sounds like you have all the correct connections. We are going to want to determine the status of the audio signal. Let's first make sure that you have the internal speakers from the TV disabled in the sound settings menu. Next, can you tell me if an audio format is displayed (and which one, if any) on the MC1 display panel when playing from your selected source? 

Let us know! 

Best Regards,

Greg - Community Support

Quiet Contributor

Hi Greg,

Thanks for providing your kind assistence! The way I'm using the TV/surround below is when playing content on Netflix which is an app on the TV. The speakers from the TV are off that's checked. I've connected the optical cable to the TV-input on the V10-module and selected the TV function (not CBL-SAT, DVD,... but actually TV). The MC1 displays for a brief time: select TV input source (it's in dutch so may be other words). After that's gone, the MC1 only displays "TV". There's no audio format displayed.

When I'm using my decorder or playstation, the MC1 displays 5.1 (or 2.0 PCM). But that is when connected via HDMI input to the V10 (audio/video via HDMI).

So it's really just the 'export' of the sounds via optical fiber to the 'input' on the V10... not sure what I'm missing (otherwise I wouldn't reach out, would I Smiley Tongue )

Hello abricoz,

Thanks for the additional information. Assuming that other source audio (not the Netflix app on your TV) plays through the V10, let's check the audio format from the TV. Here is what your TV manual shows (pg. 48-49): 

Digital Output Settings Digital output settings are available for optical and HDMI ARC sound signals. Digital out format  (TV menu) >  Settings > Sound > Advanced > Digital out format. Set the audio out signal of the TV to fit the sound capabilities of the connected Home Theatre System. • Stereo: If your audio playback devices have no multichannel sound processing, select to only output stereo content to your audio playback devices. • Multichannel: Select to only output 5.1 audio content (compressed multichannel sound signal) to your audio playback devices. • Multichannel (bypass): Select to output Dolby Digital Plus or DTS content to your audio playback devices or Home theatre system. - Make sure your audio playback devices support Dolby Atmos feature. - SPDIF output (DIGITAL AUDIO OUT) will be disabled when streaming Dolby Digital Plus content.

Select the "Multichannel" output on your TV. The V10 is compatible with Dolby Digital and DTS. You might also check the audio output in the Netflix app itself. You'll also want to verify that the optical cable is good, and replace it if necessary. 

Hopefully this solves it for you! Please let us know.

Best Regards,

Greg - Community Support