Fastsavage
Participant
Registered since

Apr 7, 2021

Lifestyle 135 SA-2 amp RC48S2-40 remote

Hello,

We have a Bose Lifestyle 135. I want to add an extra pair of speakers for another room so bought a SA-2 amp that come with a RC482S-40 remote.

I have set the house code and room code as in the manual but the remote keeps coming up with "no signal from media centre"

I'm wondering if the remote is not compatible with Lifestyle 135? if not what remote do I need please?

Cheers

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Hector_B

Re: Lifestyle 135 SA-2 amp RC48S2-40 remote

Author Accepted Answer selected by Fastsavage

Hey Fastsavage, 

Thank you for posting and welcome to the Community! This remote is also known as the Personal Music Center II Remote, is not compatible with the Lifestyle 135. 

You would need the Personal Music Center III Remote for this system or the RC35T-L remote. If you reach out to your regional customer support team here, the team will be able to assist you with this. 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Hector_B

Author Accepted Answer selected by Fastsavage

Hey Fastsavage, 

Thank you for posting and welcome to the Community! This remote is also known as the Personal Music Center II Remote, is not compatible with the Lifestyle 135. 

You would need the Personal Music Center III Remote for this system or the RC35T-L remote. If you reach out to your regional customer support team here, the team will be able to assist you with this. 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

NeonsNight
Mentor
Registered since

Nov 4, 2018

@Fastsavage wrote:

Hello,

We have a Bose Lifestyle 135. I want to add an extra pair of speakers for another room so bought a SA-2 amp that come with a RC482S-40 remote.

I have set the house code and room code as in the manual but the remote keeps coming up with "no signal from media centre"

I'm wondering if the remote is not compatible with Lifestyle 135? if not what remote do I need please?

Cheers

That remote is a second zone remote designed to work with Lifestyle DVD receivers. It cannot work with an AV35 receiver. You also need to make sure you do not have a SoundTouch AV35 as they will never work with Boselinked equipment. I talk about what to look for in this post.

I hope that this helps answer your question 🙂

Fastsavage
Participant
Registered since

Apr 7, 2021

Ok thanks,

So I need another remote the same as the remote that controls the Lifestyle 135?

Fastsavage
Participant
Registered since

Apr 7, 2021

Thanks for your reply

It is a bose linked unit