Lifestyle 235 Acoustimass Connection

Highlighted
JWC
Quiet Contributor

Lifestyle 235 Acoustimass Connection

I have a new Sony 1080 Receiver with a subwoofer pre-out.  I want to connect my Bose Acoustimass to it, because my Bose console died.   The cable is a mini d 9 pin from Bose which connects to the Acoustimass.  I dissected the cable to find there are the following wires: (a) 1 yellow (probably positive); (b) 1 yellow with a black line wire (probably negative); (c) 1 orange wire (probably positive); (d) 1 orange with a black line wire (probably negative); (e) 1 aluminium bare wire (probably subwoofer wire positive); and (f) aluminium braded sheath (probably negative/ground).  So if anyone could confirm that:

1.  the wires (a), (b), (c) and (d) are used by the acoustimass for conveying information to the speakers (which are normally daisy chained from the subwoofer; and

2. the wires (e) and (f) i can connect to a standard rca plug to connect to my subwoofer pre-out on my receiver. 

Since the acoustimass is powered, the only thing it is getting from receiver is information, so it should all work.

Anyone already done this?

JWC