Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
remsta
Participant
Registered since

Jun 15, 2021

Lifestyle 28 II - How to get to System Menu

Hi All,

We have an old Lifestyle 28 II system that was hooked up to a Plasma TV. We have just installed a new LG OLED 55" TV which only has HDMI inputs. I connected to new TV into the Lifestyle 28 II via the Optical in; however, when I go to TV on the Bost System, I am unable to get any sound through the system. 

I pressed 'System' on the Bose remote to bring up the settings on the Bose Lifestyle inbuilt screen; however, it seems that does not work as everything I read says refers to the TV. Is there any way I can get to these settings on the Bose screen? Since the new TV only has HDMI in and the Lifestyle system has no HDMI (only S-Video and Composite) its impossible to get to this menu. 

In addition, is there any way to use the LG Universal Remote to turn the Bose on and off? (I have the IR extender connected to the Bose which used to TURN ON the old Plasma TV - not sure if can work in reverse?)

Thanks!

1 REPLY 1
NeonsNight
Expert
Registered since

Nov 4, 2018

Re: Lifestyle 28 II - How to get to System Menu

@remsta wrote:

Hi All,

We have an old Lifestyle 28 II system that was hooked up to a Plasma TV. We have just installed a new LG OLED 55" TV which only has HDMI inputs. I connected to new TV into the Lifestyle 28 II via the Optical in; however, when I go to TV on the Bost System, I am unable to get any sound through the system. 

I pressed 'System' on the Bose remote to bring up the settings on the Bose Lifestyle inbuilt screen; however, it seems that does not work as everything I read says refers to the TV. Is there any way I can get to these settings on the Bose screen? Since the new TV only has HDMI in and the Lifestyle system has no HDMI (only S-Video and Composite) its impossible to get to this menu. 

You will need a converter as that is the only way to enter the system menu. I made a guide to help people connect HDTV's to their Lifestyle DVD receivers. 

I would recommend that before you do anything I would check out "Option 4" as if you have the correct subwoofer you can upgrade to a more modern receiver with HDMI, the AV35.

In that guide you will see "Option 0", I would follow the link on "a" as I link to a few converters there.

@remsta wrote:

In addition, is there any way to use the LG Universal Remote to turn the Bose on and off? (I have the IR extender connected to the Bose which used to TURN ON the old Plasma TV - not sure if can work in reverse?)

Thanks!

I have no clue if LG includes Bose remote codes. It is best to ask them that question 😉

I hope that this helps answer your question. Let us know what you end up doing 🙂